PDA

View Full Version : Resupply Service

ra_alexander
01-30-2007, 15:23
Anyone know of a company that offers resupply services to thru-hikers?
Hike-USA used to have a program, but they have not responded to my emails. Are they still around?

Thanks,
Amtrak
AT 2000

The Old Fhart
01-30-2007, 15:48
Check out the "AT Re-Supply" article section on the lefthand side of the WhiteBlaze home page. Most hikers feel that with frequent access to towns/stores/post offices that a service isn't necessary.

ra_alexander
02-01-2007, 15:24
I'll be thru-hiking the PCT. Asked on this site because Hike-USA caters mostly to AT thru-hikers.
Due to specific requirements I need a resupply service. Didn't need one on my AT thru-hike.

Blissful
02-01-2007, 15:47
Someone on the straight forward forum was offering services from Texas, I think (I think it was AT but he might do it for the PCT). But it looks like the threads from 2006 were removed (?) Or are they archived somewhere?

mountain squid
02-01-2007, 16:32
If you haven't already stumbled across it, hop over to here for additional PCT info:

http://adventureonthepct.com/index.php

See you on the trail,
mt squid

Knees
02-02-2007, 01:22
I'll be thru-hiking the PCT. Asked on this site because Hike-USA caters mostly to AT thru-hikers.
Due to specific requirements I need a resupply service. Didn't need one on my AT thru-hike.

I ate better on the PCT last year than I did on my AT thru.

Unless you have specific health requirements that have changed since you did the AT, you don't really need one on the PCT either. If you don't have Yogi's guide, grab it, as it's very helpful. Most people do self resupply in the few places it's required and it's not that bad.