PDA

View Full Version : Inserts

mudhead
01-31-2007, 10:56
I use Birkenstock cork inserts. Has anyone found a full length version that works for wide foot/high arch? Tried Superfeet on, no where near high enough. Would consider custom SF, but getting to REI in MA-not. Anyone tried the mail order custom "stick your foot in" types? Like what I have, alot, and have to admit I have two sets on ice. That good... Never thought cork would hold up, so maybe something else is out there... Local p-doc has mixed reviews. Man, did I blather! Any rule says I can't change the calendar a day early?

humunuku
01-31-2007, 11:09
I too had the problem with superfeet not having a highenough arch. I just got a pair of Sole insoles, www.yoursole.com , they are the kind you put in the oven and cook for 2 min, then put in your shoe and the mold to your foot. They have a VERY high arch support (i have stupid high arches), and seem to be pretty good and comfy. I've only used them twice (I just got them), so i don't know how well they hold up. I also hear the Merell insole have high arch support, but have not tried those. You can get Sole at REI and Campmore.

handlebar
01-31-2007, 23:11
You might want to check out www.foot.com. It's a commercial site of Aetrex which manufactures orthotics that include arch support and metatarsal support as required. I hiked with Lynco insoles with arch and metatarsal support from Ga-Me.

mudhead
02-01-2007, 08:37
Cool. Whoops, that's someone else's. I will try to locate some of these. I am hoping to find something with the "hard underneath," like the Superfeet, with the support of my cork jobs. Protection for the ball of the foot. (My Jetboil is just ok) ;)

Outlaw
02-01-2007, 09:23
Mudhead, EMS stores carry Superfeet insoles and can fit you up if you don't want to go the mail order route. There is an EMS in Augusta, ME and another one in Portland, ME. Also one near the NH-ME border in Manchester, NH.

mudhead
02-01-2007, 10:17
Custom Superfeet? Have tried the regular. Don't they have turnover at that Augusta store! Don't get there often, but have never seen a face twice.

Outlaw
02-01-2007, 15:35
Don't they have turnover at that Augusta store! Don't get there often, but have never seen a face twice.

Never been there so I can't help you on this one... I got the info off the EMS website.