PDA

View Full Version : CDT Slideshow - Denver/Boulder CO area

Mags
02-01-2007, 15:06
Upcoming CDT Slideshow - Feb 15th at Neptune Mountaineering

From Neptune Mountaineering's website (http://www.neptunemountaineering.com)

Thursday, February 15 Walking the Backbone: A Journey on the Continental Divide Trail

This past summer and fall, Paul Magnanti walked from Canada to Mexico along the Continental Divide Trail. The approximant 2800 mile journey was on an unfinished trail, took four months to walk, 6 pairs of shoes and many Snicker bars! See glaciers, deserts, snow fields and some of the most remote wilderness left in the lower 48. Show starts at 8 PM.

So, if you are in the area, and want to see my slide show from my recent walk (http://www.pmags.com/mags_cdt.htm), come on down!

Neptune's is a locally owned (and world famous) outdoor store that shows some killer slideshows!

Hopefully, mine will go over well. :)
-Mags

ps. I promise I won't sell any "self help" books or hawk some juice. I *WILL* talk about Ramen, Snickers and Mac n' Cheese, though. ;)

maxNcathy
02-01-2007, 16:07
Paul, You walked 2800 miles in 4 months!!
I wish I could see your presentation. Good luck.
Sandalwood

Mags
02-01-2007, 17:22
Paul, You walked 2800 miles in 4 months!!
I wish I could see your presentation. Good luck.
Sandalwood

I did an average. Truth be told, I have no idea how long the CDT really is. I've seen it listed anywhere from 2500 to 3100 miles! I figure i was lost enough and did enough extra miles where 2800 is about right. :)

MOWGLI
02-01-2007, 21:26
Jeepers! I get into Denver Wednesday night! If I can sneak away for a couple of hours, I'll try and make the program.

Mags
02-01-2007, 21:42
Jeepers! I get into Denver Wednesday night! If I can sneak away for a couple of hours, I'll try and make the program.

Awesome! If not, we can get together for coffee Friday. I think there may be a FEW coffee shops in Boulder. ;)

woodsy
02-01-2007, 22:37
Impressive trip! I mean journey. OK, so how much slackpacking did you do?
That is alot of rugged high terrain.
Wish I could see the show!

Mags
02-01-2007, 23:36
OK, so how much slackpacking did you do?

I didn't do any slackpacking. Mainly because I did not have the chance to do so. :)

woodsy
02-02-2007, 11:46
I didn't do any slackpacking. Mainly because I did not have the chance to do so. :)

I suspected that was the case:)

Have you or could you post a summary of your trip in the member trip reports forum? Or in the other trails forum? In your spare time of course.;)

Mags
02-02-2007, 14:34
I suspected that was the case:)

Have you or could you post a summary of your trip in the member trip reports forum? Or in the other trails forum? In your spare time of course.;)

Ah! I already did... :)

Ten summaries to be precise!
http://web.dailycamera.com/recreation/magnanti/

Sly
02-02-2007, 14:39
Mags, any chance of adding a slideshow feature to your posted pics?

Mags
02-02-2007, 14:46
Mags, any chance of adding a slideshow feature to your posted pics?

Try this link:
http://www.pmags.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=12796

Click the VIEW SLIDESHOW icon in the upper left. You have select each sub-album (e.g. Colorado) and perform this action.

Other than selecting a large image of the photo and clicking NEXT, there is no direct way of doing a "slideshow" function in pmags.com itself.

Footslogger
02-02-2007, 14:54
[quote=Mags;314429]Upcoming CDT Slideshow - Feb 15th at Neptune Mountaineering

=====================================

Can't make it man ...but hoping you'll show the pics at the Rockies Ruck !!

'Slogger

Green Bean
02-02-2007, 14:56
YOu should post some pics up here on wB.!! but um i just wanna ask you something... where do you work???

Sly
02-02-2007, 14:58
I must have missed the link, that works for thumbnails which works for me. I see you had one of the spiral bound guidebooks. There's 3 now. How did it hold up?

Mags
02-02-2007, 15:02
I must have missed the link, that works for thumbnails which works for me. I see you had one of the spiral bound guidebooks. There's 3 now. How did it hold up?

Change the res to something higher. I also suggest clicking one of the thumbnails to enlarge it THEN click on the slideshow.

I ripped out all my pages and made packets a head of time so it worked fine. :)

Mags
02-02-2007, 15:04
YOu should post some pics up here on wB.!! but um i just wanna ask you something... where do you work???

I have an entire website full of pics. I really don't want to start posting them to another place. :-)

http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36

I was working for my old company for a bit. Now, I am picking up contract work....

Sly
02-02-2007, 15:07
I ripped out all my pages and made packets a head of time so it worked fine. :)

Weaner! :p I kept them whole the last time (and then sold them), will most likely again, but this time I''ll probably keep them in case I threepeat! ;)

woodsy
02-02-2007, 15:17
Ah! I already did... :)

Ten summaries to be precise!
http://web.dailycamera.com/recreation/magnanti/

Thanks but hit a snag at this link, login was requested after a couple pages and couldn't get logged in.:-?
Looked at your homepage and seems to be plenty-o-reading there so will continue with the CDT journal there :)

Mags
02-02-2007, 15:21
Thanks but hit a snag at this link, login was requested after a couple pages and couldn't get logged in.:-?
Looked at your homepage and seems to be plenty-o-reading there so will continue with the CDT journal there :)

Ah! Forgot about the mandatory registration.

Try this link first www.bugmenot.com

THEN the Daily Camera link. (Assuming you want to read them still! :D)

Mags
02-02-2007, 15:22
Weaner! :p I kept them whole the last time (and then sold them), will most likely again, but this time I''ll probably keep them in case I threepeat! ;)

Hey..I'm lazy. THe less I carry, the better! :)

woodsy
02-02-2007, 18:29
I have an entire website full of pics. I really don't want to start posting them to another place. :-)

http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36

Great pictures...lots of wide open country and blue skies! Thanks for the peek.:)

Sly
02-02-2007, 18:36
Hey..I'm lazy. THe less I carry, the better! :)

I know, I'm lazy too and can't be bothered tearing the books apart! The worst part about selling my other set was not being able to reference them when people ask questions. I was OK for a couple years then started forgetting stuff!

Mags
02-02-2007, 21:32
I know, I'm lazy too and can't be bothered tearing the books apart! The worst part about selling my other set was not being able to reference them when people ask questions. I was OK for a couple years then started forgetting stuff!

I hear ya! I am tempted to buy another set just for referenece.

Of course I said that about the PCT books and it has been almost five years..and I said that about the AT and it has been almost nine years. :D

(I still have my wingfoot book in one piece, though. As well as my LT book and the PCT Databook. I did buy a new Colorado Trail book as I plan on updating my doc real soon)

Mags
02-02-2007, 21:33
Great pictures...lots of wide open country and blue skies! Thanks for the peek.:)

Thanks for the kind words! I must say, I love where I live and feel I've been very fortunante over the years.