PDA

View Full Version : Still storing in stuffsacks?

Brushy Sage
02-01-2007, 16:52
Has anyone taken all their stuff out of their hiking eqpt, put it back in dresser drawers or wherever? I keep a small silnylon stuffsack in my bedroom with duct tape, bandaids and other items that I used on the trail. When I go hiking, I toss in a toothbrush, razor (sometimes), a tuna can with stick for hanging bags, and other trail things. When I go on the road, I add scissors, a hair brush, etc. The bag never gets fully unpacked. Is this some kind of pattern that hikers continue to maintain?

hammock engineer
02-01-2007, 17:15
I'm close. All of my gear is in a giant rubbermad container in the garage, packs are on top, clothes are on a shelf in the closet, sleeping bags are upacked in a spare closet, and food bag is in the kichen cabinet. Trekking poles and shoes stay in the trunk for the spontaneous day hikes.

Actually I think I am a little farther away than I thought I was.

Hana_Hanger
02-01-2007, 17:20
hee hee I never get fully unpacked. My poor front room the family is at me all the time to get things put away.
I can find my first aid kit easier in my pack before I ever find it in my bathroom cabinet :D

KG4FAM
02-01-2007, 17:23
I am fully unpacked, but I think I could have my gear together for a thru hike with about a half hours notice

peanuts
02-01-2007, 19:23
everything is in my van, ready to go at a moment notice!!:)

buckowens
02-01-2007, 19:30
Packs hanging empty in the garage and all of the contents in a rubbermaid style container in the bedroom. Sleeping bags and thermarest pads are hanging in the closet.

Fiddler
02-01-2007, 20:03
I take out my sleeping bag, and anything that might leak or spoil. Everything else stays in the backpack ready to go. Including 2 freeze-dried meals. Stuff in the sleeping bag, get some water and alky, and I'm ready to go.

Skidsteer
02-01-2007, 20:06
hee hee I never get fully unpacked. My poor front room the family is at me all the time to get things put away.
I can find my first aid kit easier in my pack before I ever find it in my bathroom cabinet :D

That's funny!

I needed some Neosporin the other day at home. Without thinking I went to my pack and got some. Much easier to find than in the bathroom!