PDA

View Full Version : Question for LONG time Maryland hikers

Programbo
02-01-2007, 21:03
I know this should probably be in another area like Maryland Shelters but there seems to be so little traffic there I figured I`d never get an answer and needed one fairly soon....Does anyone know what exactly happened to the old Weaverton Shelter and what year it happened? (There`s a photo in my gallery)..This shelter was down on the Potomac River and I used to stay in it often but stayed there for the last time in 1978...I`m pretty sure it was gone when I visited the area in maybe 1990(?) and only the concrete slab of the floor was there....Was this shelter torn down or did it get washed away in a flood,etc and what year?..Thanks in advance

emerald
02-02-2007, 00:32
The best source for this information would likely be PATC. To email them your question, click [email protected] ([email protected]).

You might also call ATC.

The shelter to which you referred was there at least through June 1980.

Programbo
02-02-2007, 19:08
Thanks..I wrote the PATC..I`ll post their reply in case anyone else is curious

emerald
02-02-2007, 23:23
Thanks..I wrote the PATC..I`ll post their reply in case anyone else is curious

You're welcome! I look forward to learning what you find out.

I know this should probably be in another area like Maryland Shelters but there seems to be so little traffic there I figured I`d never get an answer and needed one fairly soon.

I always log on and click New Posts. It really didn't matter where your question was posted, so long as you gave it a thread title that caught my eye. I would have seen your post regardless as would anyone else who uses New Posts.