PDA

View Full Version : Buy gear from Moosejaw!... Reward points...

Socrates
02-01-2007, 21:53
Hi there, I'm not very good at working this site, but I haven't found anything on people ordering from moosejaw.com... I've read plenty on rei and a couple others, but not much on moosejaw and I'm wondering why? I ordered almost all my gear from them. Their prices are exacly where they should be (Even some things on sale), the website is easy to search, their inventory is massive, and if you call for advice, they're very helpful. Most of all, they give you reward points for everything you buy to put towards buying more gear. I spent about $1,400 with them and got about $250 worth of points for it. Once you receive the products, they give you more points for EACH piece of gear that you write a review on and even more points if you send them a photo of your product "in action" and additional bonus points if you include the free flag that says moosejaw on it. I walked into a store where I live and spent $340 and they didn't do anything more than hand me a receipt and the other online store I used gave me nothing more than what I ordered (And was 4 days late.) Maybe the other online stores do this too, but I just thought I would help try to save you lower income guys/gals some cash.

jrwiesz
02-02-2007, 01:38
Hi there, I'm not very good at working this site, but I haven't found anything on people ordering from moosejaw.com... I've read plenty on rei and a couple others, but not much on moosejaw and I'm wondering why? I ordered almost all my gear from them. Their prices are exacly where they should be (Even some things on sale), the website is easy to search, their inventory is massive, and if you call for advice, they're very helpful. Most of all, they give you reward points for everything you buy to put towards buying more gear. I spent about $1,400 with them and got about $250 worth of points for it. Once you receive the products, they give you more points for EACH piece of gear that you write a review on and even more points if you send them a photo of your product "in action" and additional bonus points if you include the free flag that says moosejaw on it. I walked into a store where I live and spent $340 and they didn't do anything more than hand me a receipt and the other online store I used gave me nothing more than what I ordered (And was 4 days late.) Maybe the other online stores do this too, but I just thought I would help try to save you lower income guys/gals some cash.
:-? Thanks for the info. I was not aware of such goodies/rewards. I will have to make this a regular site to check out. Great info Socrates!

mindi
02-02-2007, 01:41
I've ordered on Moosejaw, and I thought their service was great. Not to mention their catalogs are hilarious. They also have a website called www.moosejawlowdown.com (http://www.moosejawlowdown.com) that has a new deal every night at midnight (similar to steepandcheap).

Possum Bill
02-02-2007, 21:00
I've ordered quite a bit from Moosejaw lately. Their prices are already fairly good, but they also pricematch if you find a lower price somewhere else. So you can't go wrong there. They pricematched a moutain hardware bag for me even though the lower priced bag on another site was the only one left and not my size (on clearance). Also, with the bonus points it's basically like getting 10% off of every order because you get 10% in points to buy other gear. Service has been good for me so far.

PB

themooseisloose
02-04-2007, 21:40
I love Moosejaw b/c they are hilarious, but I generally shop at REI. I like to shop in the stores (there are two REI's nearby), but if I order online I don't have to pay for shipping like I do w/ Moosejaw. Also, REI dividends are a better deal than Moosejaw reward points, at least for me.

copythat
02-04-2007, 23:03
moosejaw's good. decent prices, good premium program, funny people, just like everyone's said.

used to shop there more. (bought my first 'serious' pack there.) but since they upgraded their website, i find it very slow (i have a slow dsl connection) and difficult to negotiate. not my idea of a good online shopping experience.

Skipper the Eyechild
02-08-2007, 16:20
How's this for good fortune - a UK site, facewest.co.uk, offers a 10p reward for every £1 you spend. I bought a jacket from it that was the wrong size and wanted to return it. Naturally, this was a bit dissapointing. However...

...As the jacket cost £153 (ouch!), I had gotten £15.30 worth of points. I then decided that instead of returning the jacket for a swap to the right size, I would buy a slightly different design - that way I got a £15.30 discount - more than covering the cost of returning the unwanted item. Yay.

DawnTreader
02-08-2007, 17:33
moosejaw is great.. funny stuff. I got a free nalgene with my order

Boat Drinks
02-08-2007, 17:38
I've just gotten my free flag. I plan on taking a pic on the Trail for them. They are hillarious, and helpful.

Ewker
02-08-2007, 18:03
they just got bought out by some private firm in Texas

Quoddy
02-08-2007, 18:37
Whenever possible Moosejaw is my first choice for purchasing. Besides having a wonderful, upbeat attitude and a fantastic site, their customer service is the best I've ever come across. Their return policy is probably the best I've ever seen, too. I'm at the stage, of getting the equivalent of a 15% discount on everything which makes it all the better. I'm ordering a Western Mountaineering down bag from them next.

buckowens
02-08-2007, 19:01
I am also a big Moosejaw fan as they have excellent service and a hilarious business outlook. I have just been told I have made "Aconcagua" due to purchases last year. Now my points are multiplied and add up quicker. I have actually used my points for a silk liner. Great store, and I also use them when I find prices close.

McPick
02-08-2007, 20:55
Ring Ring... Ring Ring...
Moosejaw... Hello, Moosejaw...
Me............. Hi. I'm about 1/2 way through my AT Thru-Hike and I'm trying to find a
Therm-a-rest ProLite 4 in the long size... Trying to save some
weight, you know?
Moosejaw... Sure, hang on a minute...
Moosejaw... Still there?
Me............. Sure.
Moosejaw... I've got one here, but it's the one that's been on display... The floor model.
Me............. Floor model, huh?
Moosejaw... Yeah, it's standing up in a display rack with other Therm-a-rests for
people to see. They can pick them up and stuff, if they want to. It's in
great shape, tho and on sale, too.
Me..............How much?
Moosejaw... Half price.
Me............. Sold! I'll be right over.

Best pricing on all the gear I bought for my hike. Thanks Moosejaw!

Luddite
10-11-2010, 12:54
They accidently charged my order twice and emptied my bank account but I have like 8,000 reward points for ordering my sleeping bag. I cant get alot with that.

Definitely ordering my gear from them for now on.

10-K
10-11-2010, 13:48
They're having a 60% off sale for everything they couldn't sell at 20%... :)

Luddite
10-12-2010, 12:17
$85 pair of trekking poles for free with reward points. How are they able to do that?