PDA

View Full Version : The perfect gear and clothing.. I now have it and you should too!

Socrates
02-03-2007, 01:57
HAHA I knew this would perk a few ears and draw the criticism wolves in for a fresh kill. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

hammock engineer
02-03-2007, 02:03
HAHA I knew this would perk a few ears and draw the criticism wolves in for a fresh kill. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Sounds like a would be troll in training to me.:D :D ;)

Socrates
02-03-2007, 02:49
Sounds like a would be troll in training to me.:D :D ;)

I hate it when people make me break out the cyber dictionary! Ok, it has 2 definitions 1- Any of a race of supernatural beings or 2- A person who sleeps in a park or under a bridge? Yikes!

hammock engineer
02-03-2007, 03:32
I hate it when people make me break out the cyber dictionary! Ok, it has 2 definitions 1- Any of a race of supernatural beings or 2- A person who sleeps in a park or under a bridge? Yikes!

Around here it means someone who provokes an argument, asks loaded questions, gives loaded responses, or basically anything to disrupt the calm of WB.

Search for "Lobster" or his Desert friend if you need some examples.

Socrates
02-03-2007, 03:49
Around here it means someone who provokes an argument, asks loaded questions, gives loaded responses, or basically anything to disrupt the calm of WB.

Search for "Lobster" or his Desert friend if you need some examples.

"The calm" would be quite an understatement. haha I merely find humor in the responses that some "regulars" seem to give. When I first found this site, I took it seriously, but the more I read and mess around, I kind of find myself not caring much anymore. I hope I don't get labeled as a troll, but if I do.. Well, I got kicked out of 2 different high schools and I've always provoked for the sake of a statement so I wouldn't be surprised! haha Do I get a bridge with the job?

hammock engineer
02-03-2007, 04:02
There's always another bridge somewhere.

I took it the same way when I started. Now I usually only read the first page or so of a thread and do not subscribe to anything other than the other trails forums.

That calms things down a lot.

Socrates
02-03-2007, 07:00
When are you leaving Springer?

STEVEM
02-03-2007, 07:23

Grasshopper, Remember the words of your master:

"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil."

Socrates
02-03-2007, 08:12
Grasshopper, Remember the words of your master:

"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil."

Sweet! Someone else who knows words of Socrates! But um, wasn't he refering to lies? And I never lie... :rolleyes:

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-03-2007, 10:37
::: would bite Sorates on the toes, but will allow the trail to do it instead :::

Socrates
02-03-2007, 10:41
::: would bite Sorates on the toes, but will allow the trail to do it instead :::

No, it's ok. I like being bitten. :eek:

mambo_tango
02-03-2007, 12:19
No, it's ok. I like being bitten. :eek:

Sounds kinda kinky to me. I would watch out FD!

hammock engineer
02-03-2007, 13:50
When are you leaving Springer?

March 18th provided a couple things work out. If they don't I'm going to try to time it to walk into trail days.

Socrates
02-03-2007, 14:35
March 18th provided a couple things work out. If they don't I'm going to try to time it to walk into trail days.

That's cool. Well, look for my freakish neon green tent because I'll be getting a ride back down for it. From the pictures I've seen, I don't want to miss it.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-03-2007, 16:22
Sounds kinda kinky to me. I would watch out FD!He'd better not be - I have gandkids nearly his age :eek:

hopefulhiker
02-03-2007, 20:48
"I never met any thru hiking gear I didn't like"...

Blissful
02-04-2007, 00:42
Well - so what is your version of the perfect gear??? (foot tapping)

for me, today in icy snow, hiking - YAK TRAX. They worked very well.