PDA

View Full Version : Knobstone Training Hike

dadecker
02-03-2007, 18:09
I'm hiking the Knobstone Trail in southern Indiana this month beginning on 16th friday. This hike is going to be my test run for the A.T and will take at least three days. Is anyone interested? - Darrel

The Solemates
02-05-2007, 10:41
I can't hike the trail with you, but I would be very interested of your review and what you thought of the trail upon your return. Post something here if you find the time...

bigmac_in
02-05-2007, 11:56
I might be interested in keeping you company for a day section. Too cold for an overnight for these old bones. I hiked most of the Northern loop on a day hike last year. Where are you going to start?

I go for a section hike or two on the AT every year if you're interested as well. We're in the same town, so we should be able to hook up for a hike sometime.

Are you the guy with the H-T article?

PM me if you want to work out a phone call.

fredmugs
02-05-2007, 12:00
I've hiked all but the southern 11 miles of the KT and it is fairly good for training. Obviously you don't have the altitude but there are a lot of ups and downs. There aren't a lot of switchbacks and it can be a knee buster so be careful of your knees. And good luck with your thru hike!

butter123
02-07-2007, 02:30
hey derrel its rubenstein give me a call ithink ill be in town after all and would probably join you