PDA

View Full Version : Neels Gap Today (2/4)

Footslogger
02-04-2007, 10:28
In Atlanta for the weekend and thinking about driving up to Neels Gap to see Winton at Walasi-YI (Mountain Crossings). Just wondered if there are any thru's on the trail yet. Guess I'll find out.

Sure is nice and warm here in Atlanta ...as compared to Laramie, WY

'Slogger

Sly
02-04-2007, 11:05
Here for the weekend? It's Sunday all ready! There's hikers on the trail, whether they're at Neels Gap or not is another matter. Had I know you were going up there I would have made plans, I wanted to check Mountain Crossings before heading out West.

Jan LiteShoe
02-04-2007, 11:09
Here for the weekend? It's Sunday all ready! There's hikers on the trail, whether they're at Neels Gap or not is another matter. Had I know you were going up there I would have made plans, I wanted to check Mountain Crossings before heading out West.

Sly, are you out west now?

mountain squid
02-04-2007, 11:21
It's Sunday all ready!

It's SUPER BOWL Sunday all ready!!! 'Slogger, quick, get to a tv. :eek: You can't possibly miss the 8 hours of nonsense prior to the game:-?. I'm sure you are upset that your Wyoming professional team didn't make it:rolleyes:, but it still might be an interesting game.:clap

See you on the trail,
mt squid

Lone Wolf
02-04-2007, 11:29
The Bears!

Kerosene
02-04-2007, 11:37
The Bears!No, it's "'Da Bears!"

Lone Wolf
02-04-2007, 11:40
No, it's "'Da Bears!"

yes. correct. DA BEARS. The 85 bears were the s**t!

Footslogger
02-04-2007, 14:09
[quote=Sly;316225]Here for the weekend? It's Sunday all ready!

=================================

You're correct ...but I went ahead and extended the trip to Monday so I have today and most of tomorrow to play. Flew in to spend some time with my daughter for her birthday and otherwise just hangin out. Used to work at REI so headed over there to see if there are any familiar faces. Leaving in a few minutes for Neels Gap. Hope to run into some hikers.

Sure is warm here in Atlanta ...all things being relative !!

'Slogger

Footslogger
02-04-2007, 14:12
It's SUPER BOWL Sunday all ready!!! 'Slogger, quick, get to a tv. :eek: You can't possibly miss the 8 hours of nonsense prior to the game:-?. I'm sure you are upset that your Wyoming professional team didn't make it:rolleyes:, but it still might be an interesting game.:clap

See you on the trail,
mt squid

==============================

WHAT Wyoming professional team ? That's whats so nice about being out there. It's all about college ball which is MUCH more interesting. That said, my daughter has wide screen so we've got the game covered. Gonna hit a local BarBQ place (can't get decent barbq out west) and bring it home for the game !!

Isn't the SuperBowl all about the TV commericals nowadays ??

'Slogger

Footslogger
02-04-2007, 14:13
The Bears!

=============================

Should have seen that one coming !! Will keep an eye out for Da Bears !!

'Slogger

Chaco Taco
02-04-2007, 14:48
DITKA sporting the Old Bears sweater

Sly
02-04-2007, 15:11
Sly, are you out west now?

No, but I was in Biloxi, MS the other day! I won't be heading out West until mid March. I changed my location because I don't feel like I'm from Cobb County, GA.

The Scribe
02-04-2007, 16:34
yes. correct. DA BEARS. The 85 bears were the s**t!

And they beat my Patriots!!! Despite that, gonna root for them today. Indy to the Patriots are like the Yankees to the Red Sox.

No way.

The Scribe
02-04-2007, 16:36
DITKA sporting the Old Bears sweater

I saw that. Makes sense when they did the piece on remembering the 85 Bears but to wear it in general?

A lawsuit waiting to happen for him playing favorites.:banana:banana

bigmac_in
02-04-2007, 16:54
GO COLTS !!

K0OPG
02-04-2007, 17:15
Go Manning!!! I still have a hard time saying Indy Colts.

Footslogger
02-04-2007, 20:10
Just got back down in the Atlanta area. Turned on the game and pizza is ordered and on the way.

Had a nice visit at Neels Gap. Good news is that it's still there !!

Unfortunately, Winton was home (setting up a SuperBowl party) but Cornbread was working behind the counter. Had a nice chat and then Otter came walking in with his dog Raven. Hadn't seen Otter since 2003. Great times !!

Gorgeous day. A little snow left on the ground. I was in shorts but everyone else was walking around in down jackets telling me how cold it was ...they need to spend some time in Wyoming !! Anyway, here are a couple pics for all you nostalgia freeks ...

'Slogger

Jack Tarlin
02-04-2007, 20:13
If it's the guy I think it is, and he had a beautiful German shepherd, it's "Otto" and not "Otter."

But it's good to hear you had such a fine day.

Footslogger
02-04-2007, 20:21
If it's the guy I think it is, and he had a beautiful German shepherd, it's "Otto" and not "Otter."

But it's good to hear you had such a fine day.

=================================

You're correct Jack ...fingers got carried away. It was Otto and that great German Sheppad ("Raven") was there with him. Otto started hiking very slowly in late January and got really cold. It was kinda funny standing next to him inside the store. He was bundled up with a big hat and down jacket and I was standing there in shorts. Should have gotten a pic of that. Anyway ...he decided to come off at Neels and warm up. Has been there for 3-4 days and is going to hike out tomorrow or the next day.

OK ...back to the SuperBowl !! What 2 teams are playing anyway ??

'Slogger

Trillium
02-04-2007, 20:37
Gorgeous day. A little snow left on the ground. I was in shorts but everyone else was walking around in down jackets telling me how cold it was ...they need to spend some time in Wyoming !!
'Slogger
went to Church this evening and got back about 1/2 hr ago. it was 5 degrees out but I was warm in my fur coat; although my fingers were cold. do they make very thin glove liners? where should I look?

RAT
02-04-2007, 21:27
Your local outfitter can hook you up with some. I use some made by O.R.

RAT

Two Speed
02-04-2007, 21:41
. . . He was bundled up with a big hat and down jacket and I was standing there in shorts. Should have gotten a pic of that. Anyway ...he decided to come off at Neels and warm up. Has been there for 3-4 days and is going to hike out tomorrow or the next day. . . You're having a good time, chumming the water to see who'll bite on the "it ain't cold compared to Wyoming" schtick, aren't you? You know darn good and well that 20 F is brutal cold to a Cracker. Now quit picking at the locals, dagnabit, or I'm gonna see if we can't have us'n's hippie kickin' contest. ;)

Footslogger
02-04-2007, 22:41
You're having a good time, chumming the water to see who'll bite on the "it ain't cold compared to Wyoming" schtick, aren't you? You know darn good and well that 20 F is brutal cold to a Cracker. Now quit picking at the locals, dagnabit, or I'm gonna see if we can't have us'n's hippie kickin' contest. ;)

===============================

Whiner ...

'Slogger