PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Billville banana bread...

minnesotasmith
02-05-2007, 20:10
The banana bread served at that hiker fest was the best I've ever eaten. Can anyone find out what the recipe used was?

Jack Tarlin
02-05-2007, 20:12
It was almost certainly Jester's mom's recipe; she is an AMAZING baker.

Get in touch with Jester and he'll see what he can do for you. Make sure you get her recipe for apple cake at the same time.

Jesters Mom
02-06-2007, 17:34
Thanks for the compliment, Jack. I sent MM my recipe. Maybe he'll bake one and bring it to the next get together.

D'Artagnan
02-06-2007, 17:38
Thanks for the compliment, Jack. I sent MM my recipe. Maybe he'll bake one and bring it to the next get together.

Cool Trail Name -- How'd you get that one? :D

mweinstone
02-06-2007, 17:59
if you or someone you know has resently been exsposed to the jester and are now exspiriencing trouble stopping laughing, you may be elidgable to join a class action suit filed by arkin and levin atternys at law. jesters mom is being saught by authoritys in connection with the possable humor trainning the jester received while at arkum sanatorium. (gothem city branch) no further information is available about, the jester( may be traveling with jesters mom).

minnesota smith is comming to the billvillwinter warmer? cool! just saw it on fox news.

mweinstone
02-07-2007, 07:50
this is a thread with some spice. i say we make it the hangout for now. ever since minnesota smith finished, life has been glummer.

minnesotasmith
02-07-2007, 08:21
Unfortunately, I'm broke and have to go back to work. (It will also further kill my resume to be off work any longer; it looks now as if I were a woman who just had a child.) In fact, I will likely be on a plane in the next 2 - 5 days to go to my next job.

RedneckRye
02-07-2007, 10:08
Cool Trail Name -- How'd you get that one? :D

Real simple story, she is related to Jester Grandma.

Jester2000
02-08-2007, 19:17
Make sure you get her recipe for apple cake at the same time.

Jack is obsessed with the apple cake.

Mountain Maiden
02-08-2007, 20:11
It was almost certainly Jester's mom's recipe; she is an AMAZING baker.

Get in touch with Jester and he'll see what he can do for you. Make sure you get her recipe for apple cake at the same time.

Soooooooooooo--are these recipes copyrighted or can you share with us WB'ers? :D

Would love to have the recipes if you'd be inclined to provide them...

Please and Thank you.

:sun

Blissful
02-08-2007, 20:20
Soooooooooooo--are these recipes copyrighted or can you share with us WB'ers? :D

Would love to have the recipes if you'd be inclined to provide them...

Please and Thank you.

:sun

Yes, please do! Esp the apple cake. Would like to bake something like that up for my in-laws coming this weekend. I get tired of Betty Crocker.

RAT
02-08-2007, 20:22
Yeah all us good cooks love new recipes,, so come off with em now !!!!!!

Thanks in advance ;)

RAT

Jester2000
02-08-2007, 21:31
Don't personally carry around the recipes, you freaks. But my mom is a crazy WB lurker who will probably PM you with any recipes you want. Or you could send HER a message. Her name on WB is "Jester's Mom."

Jesters Mom
02-09-2007, 10:28
Thanks to Jester, I received a number of private messages from people requesting my recipes. These recipes have been in my family for years and years and it has been a tradition to pass them down to only one person. Since there is no way in hell Jester is EVER going to bake, I have decided to pass them on to one person on WB, but I'll need people to post why they think they deserve these recipes before I decide which person is going to get them - so, the ball is in your court. :)

the goat
02-09-2007, 10:44
Thanks to Jester, I received a number of private messages from people requesting my recipes. These recipes have been in my family for years and years and it has been a tradition to pass them down to only one person. Since there is no way in hell Jester is EVER going to bake, I have decided to pass them on to one person on WB, but I'll need people to post why they think they deserve these recipes before I decide which person is going to get them - so, the ball is in your court. :)
i deserve them.

at the gathering i ate half of one of your apple cakes in one sitting, with my bare hands, at 4:00am, with only moonshine to wash it down. i just couldn't stop eating it. (this was after putting a nice dent in the chocoalte chip cake too.)

also, i deserve them because, after receiving them, i would never, ever think to sell them to the hundreds of billvillians & wb'ers who would surely try to bribe them out of me.:D

Lone Wolf
02-09-2007, 10:51
me and gypsy deserve them cuz she just got new baking pans recently and she's irish and i'm a scot and i've lost a lot of brain cells from jester's pocheen. and sometimes my bananas get too ripe then they are perfect for nana bread and my next door neighbor, who has passed away, has many fine apple trees that bear wonderful fruit. a good recipe would do them apples justice.:)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-09-2007, 11:07
I already have a lot of great family recipes so I am throwing my support to Sarbar - WB's resident expert on cooking - as being the deserving party for Moma Jester's recipes.

the goat
02-09-2007, 11:49
me and gypsy deserve them cuz she just got new baking pans recently and she's irish and i'm a scot and i've lost a lot of brain cells from jester's pocheen. and sometimes my bananas get too ripe then they are perfect for nana bread and my next door neighbor, who has passed away, has many fine apple trees that bear wonderful fruit. a good recipe would do them apples justice.:)

you must really want 'em, that's the longest post i've seen outta you in a while!

1Pint
02-09-2007, 11:52
Don't personally carry around the recipes, you freaks. But my mom is a crazy WB lurker who will probably PM you with any recipes you want. Or you could send HER a message. Her name on WB is "Jester's Mom."

Hmmm... this raises a very important question.... for those of us who don't know Jester, shouldn't we be concerned that Jester's Mom isn't willing to post In Praise of Jester? Yes, I'm seriously considering going back and editing my message of praise...

1Pint
02-09-2007, 11:54
you must really want 'em, that's the longest post i've seen outta you in a while!

And even more impressive when we consider it was all typed with just his right pointer finger, one little letter pecked out at a time.

Jesters Mom
02-09-2007, 12:03
For those of you who don't know Jester, definitely your loss. I am always in praise of Jester. He's a good cook, but I don't think baking will be his forte. However, he has so many good points, one can overlook this one small deficiency.

D'Artagnan
02-09-2007, 12:22
Why I deserve The Recipes:

Huh? I am not a bum, I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things. My friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? O.K. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days sitting on the porch with my family singing and dancing, down in Mississippi...

Seriously, I would nominate Miss Janet as keeper of the flame. (If she's interested.) Yet another reason to hang out in Erwin, eh? And we all know the woman can cook! ;)

Jesters Mom
02-09-2007, 17:02
I thought it would be interesting to have Jester and BJ judge who gets what - but I think we all know how long that could have gone on. Just kidding about these receipes being in my family - they were never in my family - the only thing my mother ever made was scone - which was great - but she was not a baker other than that - although, my collecting recipes and becoming good at baking them may be as a result of being in my family - since baking most definitely turned out to be my form of therapy. The recipes follow. Enjoy!

Banana Cake

3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1-1/2 cups cooking oil
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups diced banana (I use about 5 or 6 bananas)
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple with juice

Sift dry ingredients into large mixing bowl. Make well in center and into it break eggs. Add oil, vanilla, banana, and last add pineapple with juice. STIR (DO NOT BEAT) until it is well blended. If not well blended, cake will be ruined. Pour into buttered (I just use Pam and spray it) 9 or 10-inch tube pan. Bake in preheated oven 1 hour and 20 minutes (I usually check it at about an hour and sometimes it might be ready). Run knife around edges of pan and turn cake out. It will crack a little along the top.

BALTIMORE JACK'S APPLE CAKE

3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup orange juice
4 eggs
1 cup cooking oil
6 to 7 apples, peeled, cored and sliced

Mix three-fourths cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside until needed.

Combine flour, two cups sugar, salt, baking powder and sift into mixing bowl. Make well in center. Add orange juice, eggs and oil. Beat well.

Pour half the batter into a well-greased tube pan (I just use PAM). Spread half the apple slices over it and sprinkle with half the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Cover with rest of batter, top with remaining apples and sprinkle with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture. Bake at 350° for about 1/1/2 hours until cake is done.

If anybody has any questions or problems - with either cake, I mean - your other problems I can't help you with - you can PM me and I'll be glad to help you out.

peanuts
02-09-2007, 17:06
MMMM I'LL be baking this weekend!!!!

peanuts
02-09-2007, 17:06
THANK YOU!

Jester2000
02-09-2007, 18:25
Oh, good lord. You named the apple cake after Jack? Now every time I see him he's gonna say, "do you have any of MY cake for me?

RAT
02-09-2007, 21:55
Oh, good lord. You named the apple cake after Jack? Now every time I see him he's gonna say, "do you have any of MY cake for me?

HA HA HA HA !

Thanks Jesters Mom :)

RAT