PDA

View Full Version : AT Updates for 2007

TJ aka Teej
02-06-2007, 09:12
Let's see if we can maintain a thread providing straight forward up-to-date information.

From WB member Buckles:
Georgia
Page 15 of the 2007 Companion reads that Low Gap Shelter (GA) has no privy. I camped there in November and there certainly is a privy. The '06 Companion also listed Low Gap Shelter with no privy. I have no idea when the privy was erected, but it's there.

WB member Marta brought up an important point in another thread, that southbound hikers often find listed services have changed by the time MEGAs hit them late in the year.

*As a ALDHA volunteer, I'll be sending in info regarding my section to the Companion Updates page on the ATC website , as well as posting it here.

StarLyte
02-06-2007, 09:14
Let's see if we can maintain a thread providing straight forward up-to-date information.

From WB member Buckles:
Georgia
Page 15 of the 2007 Companion reads that Low Gap Shelter (GA) has no privy. I camped there in November and there certainly is a privy. The '06 Companion also listed Low Gap Shelter with no privy. I have no idea when the privy was erected, but it's there.

WB member Marta brought up an important point in another thread, that southbound hikers often find listed services have changed by the time MEGAs hit them late in the year.

*As a ALDHA volunteer, I'll be sending in info regarding my section to the Companion Updates page on the ATC website , as well as posting it here.

Hey TJ, thanx for posting this.

I'll do my part too.

If anyone is interested in becoming an ALDHA Field Editor, click here. (http://www.aldha.org/editor.htm)

Blissful
02-06-2007, 10:31
I know there is a new shelter at Stover Creek for 2007. Anyone know exactly where you can find it - direction wise? Like is there a sign for it? Map coordinates? Thanks.

briarpatch
02-06-2007, 11:17
There will be a new shelter at Stover Creek sometime in 2007, but it won't be ready before thru hiking season starts. It is part of a trail relocation that probably won't be completed until Konnarock visits in late April or May. When the new shelter site is completed, it will be along the relocated stretch of trail and will be properly marked.

Until the new shelter and AT section is opened, the original Stover Creek Shelter will remain available for use.

Chaco Taco
02-06-2007, 18:24

I'll do my part too.

If anyone is interested in becoming an ALDHA Field Editor, click here. (http://www.aldha.org/editor.htm)

Ill bring info from GSMNP after St Pattys

mweinstone
02-06-2007, 18:29
bla bla bla and outdated info for all!all threads wander. im here to ensure this age old prosess is not interfeared with . as your ad caught my eye,." lets see if we can..." WRONG! ill be the decider of who lets sees around here! what was the question?

Sly
02-06-2007, 18:39

I'll do my part too.

The north of Hot Springs to Erwin section will need a Field Editor this year as I'll be out West.