PDA

View Full Version : So you've hiked the AT once.....will you do it again?

squeeze
02-10-2007, 15:30
So you've hiked the AT once.....will you do it again?

Lone Wolf
02-10-2007, 15:31
So you've hiked the AT once.....will you do it again?

the whole thing? nope. 5 was enuf.

Sly
02-10-2007, 15:36
Maybe once more southbound. But 1st I plan on repeating the CDT (and then the PCT again).

Footslogger
02-10-2007, 16:06
None of the poll choices really apply to me.

But I (we) do intend to rehike the AT ...most likely in 2010. This time we'll do it together.

'Slogger

shades of blue
02-10-2007, 16:18
Sly
Are you going to keep a journal of your hike this time, it would make for great reading.

Sly
02-10-2007, 18:17
Sly
Are you going to keep a journal of your hike this time, it would make for great reading.

Thinking about it, but find writing a pain in the neck after a long days hike. I have a GET journal (http://postholer.com/journal/viewJournal.php?entry_id=306) set up on Postholer.com where it will be easy to add "stats" and photos. We'll see if I write an actual journal. Regardless I hope to take lots of photos and some video to make a DVD.

Spirit Walker
02-10-2007, 21:49
I hiked the AT a second time, four years after my first hike. Second time around is much easier. Every once in a while I think I might like to do it again, but then my knees remind me why that might not be a good idea ;-(

We may go back and hike the PCT again - that is much easier on the knees. Still, there are so many other places I want to hike, I don't know whether we will go back to either the AT or PCT again. It is fun to be part of the community - that is hard to find elsewhere - but I'm running out of time. I can't hike all the places I'd like to hike - I don't have enough years left in my knees. The desire is there - but sometimes that's not enough.

Cookerhiker
02-10-2007, 22:28
After section-hiking the AT and taking 28 years to complete it, I'd now like to do a thru-hike and may do so in 2008 to celebrate the big six-oh. The question is NOBO or SOBO.

DavidNH
02-10-2007, 23:06
Do a Second AT thru hike? you godda be kidding.

Yeah it was a great trip..but very hard at times and there are other scenic places I am more interested in getting to. That said..there are sections of the AT (ie the 100 mile wilderness, the smokies, the Greyson highlands --went through there in cold fog) that I would love to do again!

DavidNH

vipahman
02-11-2007, 00:05
No, I'm a section hiker with 2056 miles to go. Given that there are a lot of places to see and hike and too little time, I'd say once is enough.

warren doyle
02-11-2007, 19:41
15th AT traverse (section) to be finished in early April 2010. 16th AT traverse (2010 AT Circle Expedition) tobe completed early Sept. 2010.
Then, who knows?

MOWGLI
02-11-2007, 19:56
I have too many other trails on my list to consider another AT thru-hike. I'm mostly interested in shorter trips. The entire Colorado Trail would be a blast. 60 miles only whet my appetite. I'd love to do the JMT again someday, and additional sectons of the CDT.

emerald
02-12-2007, 00:04
Is maybe, the same as probably not? Why must I be like this?:rolleyes: :D

Nean
02-12-2007, 01:24
I'd like to think I still have a few hikes left in me and I'd love to do the AT again.:o All I don't know is when.:D I'll be doing some overnighters here in the San Juans this summer:sun and maybe I'll get lucky enough to do the Colorado Trail in Sept. ...?:)

Sly
02-12-2007, 01:30
I'd like to think I still have a few hikes left in me and I'd love to do the AT again.:o All I don't know is when.:D I'll be doing some overnighters here in the San Juans this summer:sun and maybe I'll get lucky enough to do the Colorado Trail in Sept. ...?:)

Nean, I hope you're around when I pass through this September/Oct. I have your number (is it portable?) Maybe we can rendezvous at Cooper Mountain.

Nean
02-12-2007, 01:33
Nean, I hope you're around when I pass through this September/Oct. I have your number (is it portable?) Maybe we can rendezvous at Cooper Mountain.
It is. I'll see you this summer Sly.:)

Sly
02-12-2007, 01:36
It is. I'll see you this summer Sly.:)

Yeah, looking forward to it! :banana