PDA

View Full Version : Pasting into the posting page?

popcorn
02-11-2007, 19:42
Hi is it possible to paste in to the compose box on the "new thread" page? I like to compose else where, spell check and the cut and paste into the compose box but do not find the paste option when I right click. Is there a way to do this and if not why not?

stuco
02-11-2007, 20:09
Please stop starting usless threads.

Sly
02-11-2007, 20:12
control- c (copy) and control- v (paste)

dixicritter
02-11-2007, 22:06
Please stop starting usless threads.

There is nothing useless about this thread, this is exactly what this particular forum is designed for. Please refrain from being so negative.

Ronin
02-11-2007, 22:24
Popcorn - If you're using Internet Explorer, you can also go to the "Page" tab at the top right of the screen (at least in its latest version) and find your Edit menu there. Also, if you're finding weird formatting things happening after you paste into the compose box, paste the content first into Notepad. That will remove all formatting code. Cut from Notepad and paste on the site.

jlb2012
02-12-2007, 08:33
Hi is it possible to paste in to the compose box on the "new thread" page? I like to compose else where, spell check and the cut and paste into the compose box but do not find the paste option when I right click. Is there a way to do this and if not why not?

I am a bit puzzled :confused: - I have no problems pasting into the compose box - quick message works, quoted compose works, and new thread compose works. Is it possible the issue is on the copy end? I have seen an occasional issue where I copied something, closed the window that I copied it from, and then was unable to paste - key is to leave the window I copied from open while pasting. As a test case when you can't paste into the compose box open a temp text file with notepad and see if you can paste there - if not the issue is probably on the copy side of the operation.

the_iceman
02-12-2007, 11:13
I use Word and I do a Select (high-light text); Right Click; Copy in Word then Alt-Tab back to Whiteblaze and do a Shift-Insert.

If you started typing something in the post window because you thought it would be quick (like this post), and now want to edit it elsewhere, you can Highlight it with your mouse and then hit Shift-Delete. Alt-Tab over to Word (if it is already open) and do a Shift-Insert.

Hope this helps. I am sure there are other ways but I am old and have been in the computer biz since before PC's and find this works the best for me.:D

VictoriaM
02-12-2007, 16:25
I have the same problem at several forums I frequent. The easiest way is just to use ctrl-v in the place of the paste function.

Old Grouse
02-12-2007, 16:27
Hey, don't forget Ctrl-A, which will block your complete text, and then Ctrl-C to copy it.