PDA

View Full Version : Pocketmail Questions

K0OPG
02-12-2007, 08:55
Just picked up a pocketmail on ebay and was wondering how does one go about signing up for service when you don't buy the pocketmail device from pocketmail?

Do you just call/internet them and buy a contract period and they hook you up?

If anyone has done this, you assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and

highway
02-12-2007, 09:19
Just picked up a pocketmail on ebay and was wondering how does one go about signing up for service when you don't buy the pocketmail device from pocketmail?

Do you just call/internet them and buy a contract period and they hook you up?

If anyone has done this, you assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and

Look under "support" then "device activation", far right, slightly down on this link:

http://www.pocketmail.com/

I dont have one. But I sure have been thinking about it. One day I am for using one instead of doing journal entries with pen & ink, then the next i change my mind towards pocketmail. I have never vacillated so much in my life about a simple decision. Give us an update on your experiences once you become accustomed to using one.

K0OPG
02-12-2007, 09:27
thanks for the info and as soon as I get it and start playing (oops emailing) I'll let you know how it goes.

Michele
02-12-2007, 10:00
Hey Coopdog. I bought mine from ebay as well and just went through this whole process about 3 weeks ago. Here's exactly what you need to do:

If you can turn the device on and manuever around all of the features (calendar, write/store an email, add addresses, etc., basically everything except sending/receiving emails) then it's been activated.

You need to call the customer service # (on their website) and explain that you purchased it used, you need to get your name on the account and you need to start service.

I will warn you, I was literally on hold for over 2 hours waiting to talk to a human being, but once I got through, they were pleasant and helpful, so just be prepared to make an evening of it. (you're calling Australia by the way)

Now, if you can't access any features on the thing, then you should be able to go to their website, activate it and purchase service right there.

Let me know if you have any questions. These things are VERY cool by the way!

K0OPG
02-12-2007, 11:27
thank you very much. As soon as I get it, I'll try it.

hammock engineer
02-12-2007, 12:31
I am going to be buying one of these also next time I see a good deal.

I used to sell cell phones. One thing that I learned when calling for support with them is that if you call and someone tells you an answer that you do not like or says they cannot help you, call back and get someone else. You get that answer a lot when people don't want to help or do not know what they are doing. It's easier for people to say no then look for an answer.

There is also some sort of electronic serial number (ESN on cell phones) that you will need to activate. It should be on the back somewhere, or inside a menu feature somewhere.

handlebar
02-12-2007, 22:19
thank you very much. As soon as I get it, I'll try it.

In addition to what Michelle listed, I had to get in touch with my Ebay seller to have her turn over the device to me----they had continued to store her emails.

Also, they have various service plans. I activated mine too soon and had to re-up for an additional 90 days. BTW, the plan you select will "auto-renew" and your charge card will be debitted unless you tell them up front you do not want the automatic renewals.

Enjoy your hike!