PDA

View Full Version : Locating Heini cans-help please.

Cuffs
02-12-2007, 12:09
Ok, so I live in Alabama, please dont hold that against me! :eek:

But we have some of the goofy-est beer and alcohol laws of any state Ive ever seen. Needless to say, the Heiniken cans that are barrel shaped are not (allowed to be) sold here.

Can anyone in the adjoining states (GA, TN, MS, FL) advise if these are available there? I travel enough that I would be able to get to any of these fairly regularly.

OR!!! (even better!) Did anyone buy a 6 pack of these Heini cans and not need all of them, and would be willing to ship to AL? Im not really a Heini drinker, so the beer might go to waste :eek::eek: if I had to buy it... I cant let that happen!!

Two Speed
02-12-2007, 13:20
Can't hold Alabama against you; had too much fun hiking the 'Bama Pinhoti to do that. Yep, the barrel shaped Heinie cans are available in Georgia, and are my favorite raw material for alcohol stoves these days. If you really, really need a couple, shoot me a PM and we'll work something out. Maybe we can get a crowd out to do a dayhike on the Pinhoti or something.

Cuffs
02-12-2007, 14:26
Thanks Two!

I have officially confirmed that I am going to TN tomorrow morning and hope to find them there. If not, I will be in touch!

Im and hoping to thru the PT starting March 2nd or 3rd. PM if you want a tentative itinerary!

Boat Drinks
02-12-2007, 15:18
I have two ready to ship.

D'Artagnan
02-12-2007, 15:20
I have two ready to ship.

Dang! I was gonna use this as an excuse to go out and pick up a sixer. Oh well, I probably will anyway just to have a few on hand. :D

Cuffs
02-12-2007, 15:27
Oddly, SouthMark is looking for them also, we each posted our own search threads within a MINUTE of each other this morning!

Im sure he would be glad to have them.

Since I am heading to Nash-vegas in the morning, I hope to find them there. Otherwise, I'll still be in the market for them when I get back on Wednesday.

Two Speed
02-12-2007, 15:33
Let us know. We'll be more than happy to "prepare" a few cans for you. Heck, I'll volunteer to empty several for you if you buy the beer! :banana

Smile
02-12-2007, 16:22
I'll check around here for you too ;)

Cuffs
02-12-2007, 19:02
Well... just 3 hours after making my reservations at a 4 star hotel, my meeting got cancelled... I could have cared less about the meeting, I was staying at the classiest place in Nash-vegas!! I was sooo excited about this trip, I went out and bought a new pair of shoes!!

OK, back on task... who's got the Heini cans to send to me??

I'll need at least 2. I know I'll mess one up as a practice run. I dont think I need to say this, and I dont think anyone would complain, but I dont care if they are already empty, in fact, I would prefer it!!

Send me a PM with an estimated shipping amount. I can paypal the funds ASAP. (thats PDQ for you other folks)

Thanks again for all your offers for help!!

Skidsteer
02-12-2007, 19:10
Well... just 3 hours after making my reservations at a 4 star hotel, my meeting got cancelled... I could have cared less about the meeting, I was staying at the classiest place in Nash-vegas!! I was sooo excited about this trip, I went out and bought a new pair of shoes!!

OK, back on task... who's got the Heini cans to send to me??

I'll need at least 2. I know I'll mess one up as a practice run. I dont think I need to say this, and I dont think anyone would complain, but I dont care if they are already empty, in fact, I would prefer it!!

Send me a PM with an estimated shipping amount. I can paypal the funds ASAP. (thats PDQ for you other folks)

Thanks again for all your offers for help!!

How are you planning to chop them, AlHikerGal?

smokymtnsteve
02-12-2007, 19:11

the new shoes??

Cuffs
02-12-2007, 19:17

I'll figure that out once I get them! :-? Heck, I dont know! I have a Rotozip, will that do it?

And I'll wear my new shoes doin it!

Two Speed
02-12-2007, 19:17
the new shoes??Yep, that's what the pointy toes are for! :p

OK, I'll quit fooling around. AHG, I happen to have several 12 oz Heini's hanging around. Is that what you want, or you want the big ones? FWIW, one of the 12 oz'ers is already pucked. I'll check postage, based on mailing to B'ham.

Jack Tarlin
02-12-2007, 19:21
AL Gal:

They sell Heineken in cans at my friend's general store right here in Hanover (along with about 130 other kinds!). If you want to PM me an address, I can send you a couple empties tomorrow. I just need a few minutes to go buy them and properly dispose of the contents...... :rolleyes:

Cuffs
02-12-2007, 19:25
UH OH!? 12, 16, 24... what other sizes are there? Hmmm.... decisions decisions.... Um, I guess I need a size that will hold up to 2 cups of water. I dont plan on heating more water than that at any given time...

Skidsteer
02-12-2007, 19:28
I'll figure that out once I get them! :-? Heck, I dont know! I have a Rotozip, will that do it?

And I'll wear my new shoes doin it!

Yeah, a rotozip will work. But don't use the drywall bit that comes with it or...well..just please don't do that. A Dremel diamond cut-off blade will be a bit safer.

Reason I asked is that last week I figured a way to chop one and fit it with a can lip from another container(aluminum, natch) that helps with the rigidity of chopped down Heineken cans. I planned to post it eventually but I need to search Tinker's threads and make sure I'm not stepping on his idea. I seem to recall he did something similar a while back.

Skidsteer
02-12-2007, 19:29
UH OH!? 12, 16, 24... what other sizes are there? Hmmm.... decisions decisions.... Um, I guess I need a size that will hold up to 2 cups of water. I dont plan on heating more water than that at any given time...

You want the 24 ounce.

smokymtnsteve
02-12-2007, 19:33
You want the 24 ounce.

all right that will make jack happy

Two Speed
02-12-2007, 19:38
Ya know, it's plumb amazing how a simple request for a few empty beer cans gets SOOOO many replies.

OK, AHG, you got your choice of suppliers. If you want a couple of 24 oz cans it'll take me a day or two to go by the liquor store, etc.

Skidsteer
02-12-2007, 19:42
Reason I asked is that last week I figured a way to chop one and fit it with a can lip from another container(aluminum, natch) that helps with the rigidity of chopped down Heineken cans. I planned to post it eventually but I need to search Tinker's threads and make sure I'm not stepping on his idea. I seem to recall he did something similar a while back.

Nope. Tinker's idea (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17591) is a different deal. I'll fine-tune mine and get some photos up.

all right that will make jack happy

24 oz. is what I call a "good start". :D