PDA

View Full Version : I think I am ready

Chaco Taco
02-12-2007, 14:54
Well, I am going in 23 days to do my longest section. I leave for Waynesville on Thursday March 8. Shuttle picks us up at 8 am Friday and we are off to Fontana. Im getting nervous because this is the longest cold weather trip i have done. I can smell my marinade coming from my dehydrator right now and am hoping all of my food will be fine. I have alot of variety and think my food will be good. My gear is good and I feel confident about it. I am ready to go!

Smile
02-12-2007, 14:54
Have a great time Lowspark! It's a good year to hike :)

hammock engineer
02-12-2007, 14:56
You will be fine. Let us know how it does.

If it helps, I always try to prepair for 10 degress colder than what I except. I successfully tested my thru-hike setup at -10 last week.

Chaco Taco
02-12-2007, 15:11
Yea with the cold snap we had here, I got some good testing in for my gear.

neo
02-12-2007, 15:17
Well, I am going in 23 days to do my longest section. I leave for Waynesville on Thursday March 8. Shuttle picks us up at 8 am Friday and we are off to Fontana. Im getting nervous because this is the longest cold weather trip i have done. I can smell my marinade coming from my dehydrator right now and am hoping all of my food will be fine. I have alot of variety and think my food will be good. My gear is good and I feel confident about it. I am ready to go!

:) i hope you have a great hike:cool: neo

OrionTheRanger
02-13-2007, 13:19
Have a great hike! Hope you enjoy it!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-13-2007, 13:23
Lowspark, you'll be fine. Do familiarize yourself with wilderness survivial techniques for staying warm just in case a severe cold snap hits while you are out and go knowing your mind, equipment and body are ready. :)

emerald
02-13-2007, 16:06
If you think you are ready, you ought to have at it then!;)

Chaco Taco
02-17-2007, 12:53
!8 days til my trip. It is all I can think about and talk about. Have the gear spread out everywhere in the house, tent pitched out front and the dehydrator is cranking. I love the anticipation before a big trip. I know I am ready, new sleeping bag on the way. Just thinking about it gives me chills and makes me smile!

Jester2000
02-18-2007, 04:46
tent pitched out front. . .

I bet it is! Good luck & have fun!

Chaco Taco
02-21-2007, 00:30
Well, i have purchased my bus ticket for the ride home, finished buying everything, and have vacuum sealed everything. Food is done. Now I wait. Going to play 2 disc golf courses for the next 2 days. Going to be 60 here tommorow. Its done. Thanks everyone for the advice. Couldnt have done it without the help. Now I just have to carry 45 pounds on my back for 8 days through the Smokies.

Chaco Taco
03-05-2007, 23:22
The pack is packed and ready to roll. Leave Thursday am for Waynesville and will be on the trail with Snappy by 10 am Friday. Have a great St PAtty's everyone and happy hiking!

Over and out,
Chaco