PDA

View Full Version : lazy cooking

Joshrm78
02-14-2007, 15:23
I see a lot of discussion about fbc im to lazy for the prep so i just cook the food in what it comes in few easy things are lipton side dishes and oatmeal packets.

Just tear the corner and add water till the noodles or rice is covered fold top of bag and wait.. ussally 10 minutes .. i add chicken or tuna in the bag before i add water. some dishes can be a little starchy but im not to picky

The little oatmeal instant packs hold hot water too. boil water before you leave camp put in in ur nalgean. When ur take a quick break warm oatmeal on a chilly day is a nice treat. i add gorp to mine.

zelph
02-14-2007, 23:05
I see a lot of discussion about fbc im to lazy for the prep so i just cook the food in what it comes in few easy things are lipton side dishes and oatmeal packets.

I get that lazy feeling sometimes, what brand oatmeal packets are you using? How much water do you put in the packet?

Thank You

Joshrm78
02-15-2007, 10:32
ive used a bunch quaker mostly open the bag they have a thin film inside kind of hard to see looks like bag is just paper try it out.

Joshrm78
02-15-2007, 10:46
just enough to cover oats make sure the water soaks to the bottom give it a little gental shake.

Joshrm78
02-15-2007, 10:56
branch quaker is brand quaker