PDA

View Full Version : metal mug source

Grinder
02-17-2007, 09:22
Does anyone know where I can buy a 1 liter mug, metal, preferably aluminum (I can't afford titanium) Folding handles/ears. Mug shape is important. Taller than wide.

I want to experiment with a jetboil shaped alcohol stove, tall and narrow, with a minibull side burner and a tall heat shield.

TIA

Tom

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-17-2007, 10:37
Would this work? (http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=13898)

Spork
02-17-2007, 11:11
Would this work? (http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=13898)

This is what I use and love it. Measures exactly 5" x 5" and weighs just over 6 oz with the lid which fits snugly. A great little mug/cookpot for $10!

Grinder
02-17-2007, 18:44
Thanks for the suggestions, but I think both are too big in diameter. In my mind, it is a bit smaller than the the size of a French coffee press. Under 4 inches in diameter.

The problem with most of the on line catalogs, is that they give volume and not dimensions.

My test set up has a 14/15 oz vegetable can for the pot. It balances well on a minibull sideburner , but is too small for more than a cup of tea or a single FBC batch. I'm trying to get bigger, but not too big.

I have a beer guzzling friend in search of a Heineken mini keg 24 oz can for me. I'll just wait for him to come through (free beer is a strong motivator. I'm paying full retail cost to him for the empty can.)

Miles of Smiles

Tom

Grinder
02-19-2007, 22:58
Well, I finally found the famous heineken 24 oz can. Bought one and turned it over to beer drinking friend. An hour later, I had an empty.

They really are heavy duty!! I also looked at the Foster Can, but it looked fragile in comparison.

Now, a trip to someone I know who has a fancy side can opener and I will be the proud owner of a heineken pot.

Ta Da

Miles of Smiles
Tom

Toolshed
02-19-2007, 23:38
Well, I finally found the famous heineken 24 oz can. Bought one and turned it over to beer drinking friend. An hour later, I had an empty.
....Your friend must be a s l o w drinker. (Don't worry, I typed s l o w also, in case he/she reads like he/she drinks) :banana