PDA

View Full Version : Lost Yak Trak

hikernutt
02-20-2007, 10:08
Hikernutt here,

I was out this past weekend 2-18-07, hiking from Wayah Bald just past where the Bartram trail joins and in between Licklog Gap when I noticed my left Yak Trak was missing. We had about 3 inches of snow with snow drifts over knee deep. If anyone is out there and finds a Yak Trak please take it to the Wesser creek shelter as I will be there this weekend 2-24-07 and I will pick it up. no reward offered just a little help finding it.

Chris_Asheville
02-20-2007, 10:34
Yax trax are pretty cheap. You could probably pick up a new pair!

1Pint
02-21-2007, 10:08
Hikernutt here,

I was out this past weekend 2-18-07, hiking from Wayah Bald just past where the Bartram trail joins and in between Licklog Gap when I noticed my left Yak Trak was missing. We had about 3 inches of snow with snow drifts over knee deep. If anyone is out there and finds a Yak Trak please take it to the Wesser creek shelter as I will be there this weekend 2-24-07 and I will pick it up. no reward offered just a little help finding it.

Hikernutt, I can't help with locating the Yak Trak, but I wanted to say "hi". I enjoyed meeting you at SoRuck and look forward to seeing you on the trail this year. Good luck!
Laura

hikernutt
02-21-2007, 22:24
Yax trax are pretty cheap. You could probably pick up a new pair!

Just trying to practice leave no trace

Rebel, with a Cause!
02-22-2007, 00:07
The new Yak Trax PRO straps on and will stay put. Heavy duty compared to the cheaper model. $29.95 vs $19.95, Its a no brainer

BTW, if anyone is headed to Icewater Springs from Newfound Gap in the GSMNP, You had better have these or better to make it. Its a solid Ice Flow going up. Bad Bad conditions, this recent heat melted the snow and the water refroze. Hiking Poles werent enough.

Have fun and hike safe, cya in the GSMNP