PDA

View Full Version : Daughter be safe driving a Shuttle from Gainesville?

Hawker
02-20-2007, 17:48
This is kind of a strange question but....for several years I shuttled hikers from the Gainesville Amtrak station to Amicolola. Right now my job doesn't give me that much flexibility so I suggested to my 27 year old daughter that she might want to consider doing so. However, my wife thinks it would be unsafe for my daughter to pick up single guy hikers and shuttle them.

People are people and I'm sure there have been, are and will always be a few lecherous hikers that may try to take advantage of a situation like that, but realistically I don't think this is really a huge problem. Obviously, I would never want my daughter put in a perilous situation so what do you think? Am I being naive? Would this be an unwise idea?

Thanks much.

4eyedbuzzard
02-20-2007, 18:00
I don't think pink blazing the shuttle girl will be a problem. At whatever price even the most lecherous hikers are to cheap to pay for more than one trip.

Rain Man
02-20-2007, 18:11
Hawker, every dad knows his own daughter. I'd let mine do it, for what that's worth. Of course, I let her go to Argentina for a year as an exchange student when she was 15. Then let her hike the AT in '04.

Your daughter have a cell phone? Could she check in with mom a time or two during each shuttle? Let mom be the one to arrange things, so she could get all the contact info on those bad boys?

Rain:sunMan

Appalachian Tater
02-20-2007, 21:04
She could always put a picture of her husband the cop on the dashboard.

Froggy
02-21-2007, 01:10
I concur with Boston.

Probably be a great way for her to meet some fine folks. Smelly, dirty, tired, horny, hungry, yeah, but probably basically more or less okay. Besides, it's her choice if she goes for it - she's 27.

Lone Wolf
02-21-2007, 02:57
I concur with Boston.

Probably be a great way for her to meet some fine folks. Smelly, dirty, tired, horny, hungry, yeah, but probably basically more or less okay. Besides, it's her choice if she goes for it - she's 27.

uh...they're just starting out. they ain't gonna be like you describe.

Hawker
02-21-2007, 21:03
Thanks guys. I'm convinced this would be fine...but my wife is still shaking her head.

skyhiker2
02-21-2007, 21:08
I would definitely hit on her. Is she Hot? How-ever No does mean No...

4eyedbuzzard
02-21-2007, 21:14
Thanks guys. I'm convinced this would be fine...but my wife is still shaking her head.

As a father with two daughters, one an adult woman, I have to comment that your daughter is a grown 27 year old ADULT WOMAN. She may still be Mrs. Hawkers daughter - but she isn't her baby or child anymore. Tell Mrs. Hawker she needs to let go.

Gray Blazer
02-21-2007, 21:24
I'll take the job if she doesn't want it.