PDA

View Full Version : PA Section 6

adh24
02-21-2007, 08:59
Planning on doing a weekend hike in section 6 of PA in the comming weeks, most likely working North to South. I had out my KTA map and was surprised to see so many camp sites within the section. I take it these are estabilished camp sites where there will be groups of people and a fee would need to be paid.

I like to hike and get into the woods to get away from people. Does anyone know of some cool places along that section for camping? I'm planning on tenting after Route 501 at least putting 10 miles in a max of 13.

Lone Wolf
02-21-2007, 09:24
there are no camping fees in PA

saimyoji
02-21-2007, 09:32
Many of the campsites are established 1-2 tent spots with a fire ring and often a small pile of wood (PA maintainers rule!). You can camp for free, burn the wood (try to replace what you use) when no ban is in effect and have a great time. Remember, no alcohol permitted on most state parks, gamelands. You should have great weather...may even be out there myself.

PA hiking ROCKS. :cool:

adh24
02-21-2007, 10:12
there are no camping fees in PA

Yes I was aware of that. It's just that they used the same icon in section 5 to call out the Blue Rocks Camp Ground which from what I found on the net was a campground that required a fee.

So these sites indicated on the map are just like any other tent site you would stumble upon with a fire ring? if so how come they only call out these particular places???

TinAbbey
02-21-2007, 11:37
let us know how it was and what you found