PDA

View Full Version : Starting to say good-bye to family, etc

Blissful
02-23-2007, 22:32
Well tonight I am beginning the process of saying good-bye. Tonight was to my beagle dog. I know I will see her until Tueday when we take her to the farm for a 2 week stay while my hubby is out with us, but I will only see her one more time (in May) until I finish in August. So I started tonight saying good-bye, told her what a good dog she is. She looked up at me with her big dark brown eyes. I'm like her master, though. I have to admit, I cried. Wondering if she will forget me. If she thinks I'm abandoning her. Knowing she won't understand why I am not here for our four mile jaunts around the neighborhood. Hope she doesn't get depressed or something.

The beginnings of good-byes. They are already tough, and more to come. The toughie one too. My hubby at Franklin, TN. (I tear up already thinking of it). I know I'm to do the AT. but good-byes are still tough.

Pacific Tortuga
02-23-2007, 22:38
It's a dog, they are hopelessly phony, they are always glad to see ya :) but I think I know what your going through.

Almost There
02-23-2007, 23:37
Don't worry my dogs didn't see my best friend for over 4 years, he was overseas in the Marines...came by this past summer and my oldest dog who knew him the best was excited to see him...btw Pacey usually barks at everyone he doesn't know...he definitely remembered Gene, the best thing is supposedly dogs don't track time well, so one day might as well be one month, it'll be harder on you than your dog...hang in there your living a dream!

No Belay
02-24-2007, 12:26
Hi Blissful, If your dog is like mine, it will be like leaving a good friend. Make her a recording of your voice and leave a pillow case of your worn clothes and she'll remember you every day. My dog and I are crooners so I left her a CD of our favorite songs and she loved it. Also with a speaker phone you can talk to her while on town stops. I'm envious of your upcoming experiences, and wish you the best. God Speed!!!

Savor Happy!!

T-Dubs
02-24-2007, 12:30
That's why we have cats. They forget us when we go out to get the mail; so our expectations for them as pets is really low.

Tom

4eyedbuzzard
02-24-2007, 15:08
That's why we have cats. They forget us when we go out to get the mail; so our expectations for them as pets is really low.

Tom

Cats aren't really OUR pets. They are wild animals we allow to sleep in our homes. The cats think all human inventions are just elaborate perches or scratching posts. A cat never does ANYTHING that isn't on its own terms.

No Belay
02-24-2007, 16:46
My roommate has 2 cats and I have a dog so I feel qualified to comment on the attributes of both. I've included a list below of all the advantages and pleasures of having a cat as a pet compared to a dog.

Savor Happy!

rafe
02-24-2007, 17:12
My roommate has 2 cats and I have a dog so I feel qualified to comment on the attributes of both. I've included a list below of all the advantages and pleasures of having a cat as a pet compared to a dog.

Cat farts won't drive you out of the room. :D And you don't have to take them for "walks." They know how to do that themselves.

chicote
02-26-2007, 14:28
I feel you on this one Blissful. Our dog a 14 yo retriever named Casey will be with our parents during out thru. Our hope is that she doesn't pass away while we are hiking. Her time is coming but not sure when. She's still a happy dog but 14 years old we wonder every morning if she's gonna wake up.