PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Designs quality.

Earl Grey
02-23-2007, 23:45
I dont see much talk about their products here. Is their quality for sleeping bags good? I was looking at some of their stuff earlier.

Ewker
02-24-2007, 00:07
I like my Sierra Designs Sandman. It is a 15° synethic bag and have used it down to 8° and was never cold.

No Belay
02-24-2007, 00:30
I use the Ice Ray 0 degree bag and it's predecessor the 5 degree Hibernator for cross country and snowshoe winter camping. They are both excellent quality but much to heavy for long range backpacking. I also have their Omega convertible 3-4 season tent and it's a bomb but once again to heavy for packing without a pulk. If their pack weight equipment is of comparable quality, you can't go wrong.

Savor Happy!

eventidecu
02-24-2007, 01:59
I use one of there older 20 degree down bags allot. Don't know the model as it was a friends originally but it is great just too hot most of the time. Also I use one of there tents, the Clip Flash at like 2.7lbs and I've had it in an all niter 40 - 60mph rain storm up on Roan and it held up like a champ. I would highly recommend the brand. I've been told it's a good time to buy there stuff as it is priced very good right now due to there name has slipped some and they are trying to buy back some name recognition.

paulbrown137
02-24-2007, 02:52
I have a Lightning tent and its as strong as you will find for a true three season tent. Doesn't push the limit weight wise, but its still an even 4lbs for a decent sized two man.

my new down booties are nice :)

Earl Grey
02-24-2007, 16:10
Nice.

I was thinking of possibly trading in my bag now to get the Sierra Designs specifically the Lazer.

http://www.sierradesigns.com/bags.display.php?id=639

Its on sale at an outfitter around here.

No Belay
02-24-2007, 18:40
Looks like a great bag. I like the idea of a synthetic bag for the first few months. It's not a major concern if it gets wet, which always seems to happen, and it dries fast. What's the sale price on it? Do you have any idea what the shoulder girth is?

LIhikers
02-26-2007, 18:42
My wife and I (and our 80 pound shephard dog) sleep in a Sierra Designs Sirius 3 tent. It's well made and works fine. I've never even sealed the seams and its never leaked.

eventidecu
02-26-2007, 19:19
I've never sealed mine either and it's worked just fine, no leaks ever.