PDA

View Full Version : Female, Novice, 48 wants to section hike AT

panama snail
02-25-2007, 14:35
Would like to do a couple of weeks to a month after Trail Days. I am retired so my schedule is easy. Only backpacked a couple of times but loved hiking and camping. I am thinking of thur hiking in 2008, and want to test my staying power. If I can do a month I can do six!!!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-25-2007, 14:44
::: gives high five to a snail - I think dino and snails are distant relatives :) :::

Lilred
02-25-2007, 15:59
Panama Snail,
Love the trail name :) and welcome to Whiteblaze. Are you looking for a hiking partner? I'm leaving the 1st of June from Bland VA and will hike for about 4 weeks. I'm 49, female schoolteacher and hike very slowly. PM me if you're interested in hooking up.

Rain Man
02-25-2007, 18:48
Watch out, Panama Snail, that LilRed woman will hike you into the ground.

She CLAIMS to be slow, but oh my. I could only stay with her one day in the mountains of Georgia!

Rain:sunMan

P.S. All kidding aside, LilRed is a great hiking partner. She'll even carry your food bag for you, for days at a time! Just ask her. ~wink~

Saturday934
04-22-2007, 12:01
Would like to do a couple of weeks to a month after Trail Days. I am retired so my schedule is easy. Only backpacked a couple of times but loved hiking and camping. I am thinking of thur hiking in 2008, and want to test my staying power. If I can do a month I can do six!!!
Looking for hiking partner for thru hike in 08, 64 year old female
[email protected]

DustyBoots
05-18-2007, 21:42
Panama Snail,
I'm an A.T. section hiker. I have hiked about 1100 miles of the A.T. I like to hike at a pace that allows me to enjoy the trail and the people I meet 7 - 10 miles a day. I try to hike 3-4 days on holiday weekends. I have hiked the Florida Trail through the Juniper Springs Wilderness and enjoyed it very much. I would love to have company on a section hike.

Hikes in Rain
05-21-2007, 07:54
Panama Snail, you're in Panama City? I'm in Tally. Hmm....!

Gray Blazer
05-21-2007, 08:00
:welcome :welcome to WB! Looks like we need to have another FL gathering. I'm thinking Goldhead Branch near Keystone Heights and hiking the FT through Camp Blanding. What say ya'll? I'm open to suggestions.

Cherokee Bill
06-16-2007, 15:07
:banana Hope to start Saturday June 30. 60-yo male, living in Central-VA. Been hiking the "AT" since the mid-80's.

N or S bound, does not matter, just doing hut 2 hut, with a stop in the middle at one of the campgrounds for laundry, shower, re-supply. All welcome :D

Billyboy