PDA

View Full Version : Waggin Train Chicken Jerky ??? warning thread could induce nausea

No Belay
02-25-2007, 15:43
I've been feeding my dog Waggin Train Chicken Jerky Tenders from Wally World for the last year. Got to reading the bag and discovered the ingredients were 100% dehydrated chicken breast fillets with seasoning. No where on the bag is there a warning about human consumption. Couldn't resist the temptation so set up the alky range and boiled 1 cup of H2O with 4 "Jerky Tenders" in my Ti kettle. Reconstituted really well and the 4 "Tenders" had absorbed most of the water after letting them set for 15 min. Took a tentative bite. Damn, they're good!! and 97% fat free to boot.

Comes in a 2 lb bag for $12.88. Go try to buy 2 lbs of any kind of Jerky for $13. OK, now tell me what I'm setting myself up for health wise. I can handle fleas or distemper but any thing worse might concern me.

Savor Happy!

oldfivetango
02-25-2007, 16:43
If there is no warning and you ALWAYS boil them,then I would
doubt you would have a serious health problem result.However you
could experience certain side affects which would include but not be
limited to: inappropriate sniffing,leg humping,carpet staining,car chasing,
barking at the moon,cat chasing,barking for no damn reason in the middle
of the night,and an irresistable urge to pee on every tree and fire hydrant
you pass.If these behaviors do not deter you then I would at least write
the company about the use for human consumption,or,double check the
label and then take a chance on collecting in a lawsuit later!:D If people
don't know cigarettes aren't good for you and coffee is hot and will burn
your lap;then they sure don't know you can't eat doggie treats!:banana
Go for it!
Oldfivetango

No Belay
02-25-2007, 16:50
Old 5 T, I'm from Ark. All those activities are just a typical Saturday night.:D

Topcat
02-25-2007, 17:26
I had a guy work for me who ate dog biscuits as a snack every day. my understanding is that pet food is as regulated as people food. I imagine you should be fine

Ender
02-25-2007, 21:05
However you could experience certain side affects which would include but not belimited to: inappropriate sniffing,leg humping,carpet staining,car chasing, barking at the moon,cat chasing,barking for no damn reason in the middle of the night,and an irresistable urge to pee on every tree and fire hydrant you pass.

Heck, sounds like a perfect description of just about any thruhiker anyway. Go for it.