PDA

View Full Version : Bonnaroo 2007

Neurobius
02-26-2007, 22:38
Anyone planning on attending this year?
Im heading down from New Hampshire to attend this and plan on doing some hiking in the Smokies (probably a through hike of the entire park)
Anyone else planning on doing something along those lines?

Cheesewhiz
02-26-2007, 23:04
TOOL @ Bonnaroo, the festival is getting to big for its own good. It is still a well organized festival but TOOL is not a bonnaroo bande they asking for riots like the 1999 woodstock festival. I am done with that festival after 3 years of attending. It will not be the same atmosphere with those type of bands playing. However it will be one of the last String Cheese shows. I think I will attend Merlefest however.

Chaco Taco
02-26-2007, 23:18
Allgood, Marvins Mountaintop, West Virginia. By far one of the coolest festivals surrounded by the mountains

Cheesewhiz
02-27-2007, 00:00
That is a great festival but the timing does not line up very well with a thru hike, nor very local to the trail. Merlefest is is nice and close the the trail and Lines right up with thru hiker season.

www.merlefest.org/ (http://www.merlefest.org/)

April 26-29 2007 you will probobly be somewhere between Erwin and Damascus with a mid to late march start date.

Cheesewhiz
02-27-2007, 00:01
Merlefest is mainly folk and bluegrass, but what a hoot

Neurobius
02-27-2007, 07:26
I think its good that Tool is playing-I've heard a lot of hippies react the same way about how they are gonna throw the "vibe" off of the whole show-Proves how open their minds are.Its one band sharing the bill with a very diverse lot, I think its a good thing.

floyd242
02-27-2007, 16:37
There's no way Tool is going to cause riots, have you even seen Tool live? Maynard even goes as far as to stop playing and tell people to stop moshing. I think you're being a little sensationalist.

But yeah I'll be going, havent missed one yet.

The have changed a lot, but it's still fun, at least for me.

Chaco Taco
02-27-2007, 16:46
There's no way Tool is going to cause riots, have you even seen Tool live? Maynard even goes as far as to stop playing and tell people to stop moshing. I think you're being a little sensationalist.

But yeah I'll be going, havent missed one yet.

The have changed a lot, but it's still fun, at least for me.

I agree with this one. I think its good for this festival to change up acts. That is what it is all about. Hippies like TOOL, at least this one does. Panic tour is still where its gonna be this Spring and Summer!!! Good people getting down to some dirty business!!!

Neurobius
02-28-2007, 18:14
Can't wait for this event.
David Cross/David Atell/Lewis Black always bring the funny.
Gogol Bordello/Clutch/Ween/Black Keys/Wolfmother/White Stripes/Flaming Lips/Tool/Police....theres like 10 other bands Ive had a lot of interest in hearing as well. I hear you can bring your own brews in as well.
Cant wait for this actually. Not sure If Im hiking south or North through the smokies before/after this.
Any preference on a sounth or North hike through the AT section of the smokies?