PDA

View Full Version : What section is on WV/VA border

crouton
02-27-2007, 03:34
A group of friends and I want to hike a section of the trail this year, just for maybe a weekend. What is the section of trail on the West VA / VA border? I can't find any good online maps and we just started talking about this today, so I still need to order a map.

Thanks!

Christina in GA

freefall
02-27-2007, 04:19
There are two areas on the WV/VA border.
The first being just north of Pearisburg, VA. From Pearisburg to VA442 is about 40 miles.
The second is From about Snickers Gap, Va to just south of Harper's Ferry. Snickers to Harpers is around 20 miles.

Jaybird
02-27-2007, 06:19
A group of friends and I want to hike a section of the trail this year, just for maybe a weekend. What is the section of trail on the West VA / VA border? I can't find any good online maps and we just started talking about this today, so I still need to order a map. Thanks!
Christina in GA

about 20 miles or so just North of Pearisburg....
& then a few miles around Harpers Ferry...

Good Luck w/ yer hike!:D

Newb
02-27-2007, 14:23
Where do you live? I hike this area a lot and might have a few good suggestions for a memorable hike.

crouton
02-27-2007, 23:26
I'm in Georgia, but the rest of the group is in Virginia and West VA. We were looking at Pearisburg. The 40 miles sounds great. Is there a loop hike there or would we have to arrange for a shuttle?

Christina in GA

ASUGrad
02-28-2007, 10:12
You can start in Pearisburg and finish at The Homeplace near MacAfee's Knob. It can be pretty strenuous at times.

My son and I may do a section hike between Bland and Pearisburg when school lets out for him this summer. It's a bit easier on the knees except for the trek down to Dairy Queen in Pearisburg.