PDA

View Full Version : '07 Online Companion? (PDF)

vaporjourney
02-27-2007, 11:11
Is there a downloadable version of the 2007 companion yet? I've already purchased the print version for my thru, but wanted to leave the digital version with my parents so that we could plan mail drops while I was on the trail. I found last years version, but wanted the most updated version available.

Ender
02-27-2007, 11:18
I think they only do PDF's of past years, and not current years books. I could be mistaken, but I believe that's the policy.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-27-2007, 11:30
The new book is put up sometime during the current hiking year. Here is a link to the 2006 Companion On-line (http://www.aldha.org/comp_pdf.htm)

TJ aka Teej
02-27-2007, 16:02
I think they only do PDF's of past years, and not current years books. I could be mistaken, but I believe that's the policy.

The current year's edition should be up soon, the 2006 edition went online 2/21/06.

Ender
02-27-2007, 17:05
The current year's edition should be up soon, the 2006 edition went online 2/21/06.

Gotcha. I wasn't sure about what I had said, so I'm glad you corrected me. Good info to know!

tiamalle
02-27-2007, 21:08
The new book is put up sometime during the current hiking year. Here is a link to the 2006 Companion On-line (http://www.aldha.org/comp_pdf.htm)I have an allmost new Dell computer and maybe I don't have enough memory but everytime I clickon this and click on NC,Ga,Tn it locks my computer down.

Skidsteer
02-27-2007, 21:18
I have an allmost new Dell computer and maybe I don't have enough memory but everytime I clickon this and click on NC,Ga,Tn it locks my computer down.

Ron, that happens pretty often with PDF's.

Try saving it to your documents or desktop first, then open it from there.

tiamalle
02-27-2007, 22:49
Ron, that happens pretty often with PDF's.

Try saving it to your documents or desktop first, then open it from there.Thanks Skid,I'll giver a try

rafe
02-27-2007, 23:15
I have an allmost new Dell computer and maybe I don't have enough memory but everytime I clickon this and click on NC,Ga,Tn it locks my computer down.

Right-click on the link. Then from the context menu, choose, "Save link as..."
Somewhere in the process you'll see a filename with a .PDF exension. Pick a place to save it to (a folder or the desktop on your PC) and remember where you put it... Once it's downloaded to your PC you can open it with Acrobat Reader.