PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the BPL pack liners?

dloome
02-28-2007, 17:32
I usually use a Hefty contractor bag as my pack liner but it's way too big for my Jam and I can't find a good trash-type bag that is a smaller size and also durable.

Does anyone who uses the Backpacking Light liners care to comment?

bigcranky
02-28-2007, 18:04
I have some of the BPL liners. I got the Large size, and it fits perfectly inside my SMD Starlite, and will tightly seal over my winter bag and my clothing stuff sack. It's not tall enough to completely line the pack all the way to the top, not if you want to properly seal the bag. It's light, and not too expensive.

That said, I've been using Trash Compactor bags for years. They are a better size, less expensive, and only slightly heavier. Plus you can buy them at any grocery store.

Smile
02-28-2007, 18:08
I'd agree with BigCranky, I also use a trash compactor bag, lightweight and very strong. Never broke one yet.

rswanson
03-01-2007, 14:11
I usually use a Hefty contractor bag as my pack liner but it's way too big for my Jam and I can't find a good trash-type bag that is a smaller size and also durable.

Does anyone who uses the Backpacking Light liners care to comment?
Waste of money. Only a fraction lighter than compactor or contractor bags, no more functional. Just cut your contractor bag down to fit your pack.

Rebel, with a Cause!
03-01-2007, 20:11
I just got 2 packs of the BPL Pack liners for me and my wife ( 6 total ). I wasnt sure of the correct size so I went with the Large. They fit ok but like said earlier, they dont completely fill up my ULA P2 nor my wifes Six moon designs Starlite. What we did was to put our sleepings bags in seperate Plastic bags at the bottom of our packs, Then In goes the BPL liners. This way they fit perfectly. Regular Compactor bags are fine as I used them for many years. The BPL liners when used as I noted, work very well. Good Size, perfect thickness, not a bad product at all. One extra will be in my bounce box this year.

Cya on the Trail