PDA

View Full Version : Hiked Manassas Gap On the 2nd

Newb
03-03-2007, 23:14
Hey everyone. I and a fellow I work with hiked Manassas gap here in Virginia on friday. It was by far the most beautiful day in recent memory. Though the temps were in the 60s, there was still a lot of ice/snow on the ground. In many areas the only other footprints were deer and rabbits. The Manassas Gap shelter was in good order, and we had fun reading journal entries from last July about the snakes at the shelter.

there's no point to this entry other than to share the fact that I enjoyed one of the most perfect days I can remember in recent memory. The sky a cobalt blue, the trail fresh and untrod...ahhhh.....*sniff**

Kerosene
03-04-2007, 11:34
I thought that the Manassas Gap foundation and fire pit were re-built specifically to try to eliminate the snakes? Is there still a monster wood rat in residence?

Newb
03-04-2007, 15:15
I thought that the Manassas Gap foundation and fire pit were re-built specifically to try to eliminate the snakes? Is there still a monster wood rat in residence?

Apparently there's still a big black snake that lurks in the rafters and there's a copperhead that likes to hang out under the shelter. some of the journal entries were pretty funny.