PDA

View Full Version : Leaving a car at Woody gap...?

PJ 2005
03-05-2007, 01:23
Would this be safe for two days? I would like to drop one car there, then hike to it from Springer. I don't anticipate issues, but any input would be appreciated.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-05-2007, 06:31
We did this without a problem in 2003.

khaynie
03-05-2007, 06:38
I've parked here many times and never had a problem. You should be fine.

gold bond
03-05-2007, 11:52
i HAVE LEFT CARS THERE ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. ENJOY YOUR HIKE!!

Perkolady
03-05-2007, 16:10
I also have left a car there for several days without any problems.

Have a great hike! :)

Perkolady

pedal
03-05-2007, 20:56
Me too. No problems.

Waterbuffalo
03-05-2007, 22:46
NO problems

rainmaker
03-06-2007, 00:06
Would this be safe for two days? I would like to drop one car there, then hike to it from Springer. I don't anticipate issues, but any input would be appreciated.

That would depend on the type of car......:D

nyushka42
03-06-2007, 01:13
I'm pretty sure it was at Woody Gap that I encountered a vandalized car. All 4 tires were stolen & it was keyed. It belonged to some weekend hikers who were trying to figure out how to fix the problem when I came through. From what I understand you run a risk of vandals wherever you park your car, so be careful.

digger51
03-06-2007, 02:32
If you are really concerned consider asking Josh and Leigh to let you store it at the hiker hostel for a small fee and get a shuttle to springer. Their hostel is just at the foot of the mountain from Woody gap and a ride can be gotten fairly easily.

Dances with Mice
03-06-2007, 08:20
I'm pretty sure it was at Woody Gap that I encountered a vandalized car. All 4 tires were stolen & it was keyed. It belonged to some weekend hikers who were trying to figure out how to fix the problem when I came through. From what I understand you run a risk of vandals wherever you park your car, so be careful.Vandalism can happen anywhere, true. Surprising about Woody, tho. I've killed a bit of time there and it's well patrolled by the county deputies.

briarpatch
03-06-2007, 10:21
OK, time for my Woody Gap story. I had been camping up on Big Cedar and was headed back to the parking lot at Woody Gap. I was almost within sight of the parking lot when I heard a car alarm start up, so I walked down to the edge of the woods and looked around. There was no one in the parking lot and I couldn't see anything wrong. Then I noticed it was MY Jeep making all the noise. This was really strange, since I don't have a car alarm. I hurried on over to the Jeep, and dug the zippered envelope with my keys and wallet out of my pack. The mystery was solved when I noticed that the panic button on my door lock remote was jammed against one of the keys. I don't know how long it had been that way, but as soon as I got within range, it set off the panic alarm.