PDA

View Full Version : well i did it too!

jettjames
03-06-2007, 13:07
pulled the trigger and ordered the peapod from ed speer. Got a maccat tarp coming and the eno hammock. Got one week to test before I start.

was going back and forth with the pea pod and the nest from JRB. picked the pod as I like the iodae of it being one piece and in warmer weather not needing a top quilt (maybe) I plan on using my REI 35 degree bag withthis combo while it is still cold. just need to order the gear hammock/pack cover from jrb and I'm set.

pt

lvleph
03-06-2007, 13:34
pulled the trigger and ordered the peapod from ed speer. Got a maccat tarp coming and the eno hammock. Got one week to test before I start.

was going back and forth with the pea pod and the nest from JRB. picked the pod as I like the iodae of it being one piece and in warmer weather not needing a top quilt (maybe) I plan on using my REI 35 degree bag withthis combo while it is still cold. just need to order the gear hammock/pack cover from jrb and I'm set.

pt
I have heard people say that the peapod sometimes needs a top quilt because of the gap of air between yourself and the peapod. I have heard about condensation problems also. I hope it works out for you. Seems a lot of people taking a dive right before their thru-hike. Seems a bit sketchy for me.

D'Artagnan
03-06-2007, 13:39
Welcome to the Dark Side! (Hennessy since '05)

Doctari
03-06-2007, 14:31
Be sure to Practice practice practice with setting up!
Set up (Hammock AND tarp), get in, get out, take down, repeat "till your fingers bleed"!
Next day: Set up, get in, get out, take down, repeat. A few times try it blindfolded, you WILL set up in the dark with no headlight!

Be sure to sleep in your hammock a few nights!

And welcome to "the dark side"!

Doctari.

jettjames
03-06-2007, 15:45
Seems a lot of people taking a dive right before their thru-hike. Seems a bit sketchy for me.

I've been testing with my hammock with an army poncho and some poncho liners made up for a test under quilt. sleeping outside, putting it up and down. so while it is new, it is not completly new. I have MUCH experience putting up tarps (used to be a paratroper and spent many a nite with just a poncho strung up, a hooch). it's all good or will be. :)

pt

peanuts
03-06-2007, 22:21
like they said...."welcome to the darkside"