PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Light Year 25* REG - $135

Midway Sam
03-06-2007, 15:38
I've been looking around and this Amazon.com vendor seems to be the current best price. In case anyone else is looking...

http://tinyurl.com/3b8ha7

vaporjourney
03-06-2007, 18:27
I wouldn't recommend getting this bag, unless you already carry tons of other insulation to help make up the warmth that this bag won't provide. Just want to give a warning because I owned this as my first bag and it couldn't really make it lower than 40. I'm a cold sleeper, which probably has a bit to do with it (~5 deg). Maybe if you are a hot sleeper it would be ok in early spring, otherwise its a good mid-season bag only, but not for winter, and def not for the teens in the Smokies!! cheers

johnnyblisters
03-06-2007, 18:35
Ive had my light year 25 out all this winter and couldnt be happier with it. When it was below 35 I usually start to layer up or use a silk liner. Been nice and toasty in my hammock @ 25* with my bag and liner (+ underpad on hammock...)

max patch
03-06-2007, 18:41
That bag was on sale at Steep and Cheap last fall for $69. I bought 2 of them. I returned them both. Spent $18 on shipping. Lesson learned. Know what you buy before you buy it at SAC.

I returned them for a couple of reasons. I compared the loft of this bag to my WM 20 degree bag and it was not even close. I don't believe the 25 degree rating. Secondly, the zipper only goes to your hip. I decided that would not only drive my boys crazy, but would make it too warm in the summer.

Midway Sam
03-06-2007, 20:45
I've got one and don't have any problem with it. I spent a 30* night in Woods Hole shelter and woke up at 2:00am absolutely covered in sweat. To each his/her own...

derek
03-06-2007, 23:25
same thing happened with me.