PDA

View Full Version : Katahdin Cabins in Millinocket

katahdincabins
03-06-2007, 15:51
Greetings all! We are Skip & Nicole Mohoff (and Family!) here in Millinocket Maine - we own & run the Katahdin Cabins (formerly the Airport Cabins!) - check us out at http://www.katahdincabins.com if you have time. We had a few truly great experiences in the late summer/fall with thru hikers & their familys that stayed with us - so much so that we would like to have more! So we are happy to offer 20% OFF our usual rates for all fellow whiteblaze.net members should they wish to stay with us. FYI - we are the only Northern Maine lodging certified by the Maine State DEP as an Enviromental Leader (of which there are currently only 32 in the entire state of Maine for lodging - and yup, we are pretty darned GREEN & proud of it!). We also have free mountain bikes for our guests to use while staying with us should you wish to tool about town or take a ride! Also for the first time this year we will be doing some geocaching on the property behind the cabins for short but beautiful hikes (2-4 miles). Well, will be watching the boards here to learn a lot and possibly chip in at times - nice to meet all of you.......

Skip & Nicole Mohoff

TJ aka Teej
03-06-2007, 15:58
:welcome to WhiteBlaze!
I'm forwarding your information along to the ALDHA Thru-hikers' Companion field editor for Millinocket. Do you want your info sent to the ATC's Companion Update page on their website too?

TJ < one of the Companion volunteers for Maine
www.aldha.org

katahdincabins
03-06-2007, 18:01
Hello TJ, nice to meet you. And yes to both - THANK YOU - that would be great of you. Here at the cabins we have been having a lot of guests here the last 3 weeks going up to Abol & then snowshoeing &/or cross country skiing. We ourselves get out behind the cabins 2-3 times a week for snowshoeing. Like -30 out now with the wind chill BUT spring is just around the corner! Regards!

katahdincabins
09-22-2007, 11:11
Hi folks - wanted 2 let all the thru hikers & family/support crews know that we still have cabins available for the weekend of 9/28-29 AND for Columbus Day weekend too! We are located here in Millinocket just 1/2 mile from downtown Millinocket & the GREAT AT Restaurant - just 1/3 of a mile from grocery stores & laundry too. Best of Regards 2 all!

Appalachian Tater
09-22-2007, 11:15
Also, there was some discussion of a discount card or coupons for hikers so contact AT Troll who will be publishing an A.T. guidebook.

Suzzz
09-22-2007, 11:39
HI KatahdinCabins,

Do you also offer a shuttle service? And do you allow hikers to leave their car in your parking lot, provided they stay in your cabins? I'm not talking about leaving a car for weeks or months here, just a few days. I'm planning a section hike for next June and will need to find a shuttle service and a safe place to leave my car.

katahdincabins
09-23-2007, 06:40
Greetings Tater - yes we do still offer a 20% discount for Whiteblaze members! And YES Suzzz - more than welcome to park your car here free of charge while you hike - think the longest stretch so far for guests has been about 1 week - vehicle will be nice & safe & secure here on our property. As far as a shuttle service, cannot make any promises. New 3 month old boy now along with a 7 & 5 year old daughters + 7 cabins being booked most of the time = busy busy BUSY! But there is a local taxi service that does shuttles AND there is talk of some other folks starting only a shuttle service here for next spring. Any more questions fire away, THANKS for the time/interest!

Suzzz
09-23-2007, 08:46
Thanks!

Do you have a website? And what are your rates?

Suzzz
09-23-2007, 08:48
Oooops, just saw your website info posted here.

Gongrats on the new baby!!!

raftman
12-05-2007, 00:38
Hi Suzzz,

My business Maine Quest Adventures offers a shuttle service in and around the Katahdin region. We also offer resupply for hikers treking the 100 mile woods. You can check out our web site at mainequestadventures.com I have lived in Millinocket all my life and know the area well, if you have any hikeing qustions I will do my best to answer them.
:sun

Doughnut
12-05-2007, 20:11
See you in June!

DoughNut

attroll
12-06-2007, 04:22
We would like to include you in our new guidebook also. Appalachain Pages (http://appalachianpages.com/). I will give you a call within the next day.

Doughnut
12-06-2007, 06:04
raft man,

I establish your web site a link.

http://mainequestadventures.com/Home.html

I am planning the 100 mile in June. I'll start serious planning aftr I hike the smokys in April.
Look forward to working with you.

DoughNut

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-06-2007, 06:10
Welcome to WB. Nice to know I will have a place to stay when I get to your Part of Maine.

raftman
12-10-2007, 21:56
Dough,
Thank you for establishing the link for me. I just wanted to let everyone know I have froze the office phone (207)746-9615 for the winter but my mobile phone(207)447-5011 is still active. Attroll brought this to my attention after my post last week, he went to my web site and then tried to call me. opps Looking forward to the up and comming season.

raft man :sun

skidood
03-15-2008, 21:37
Hi Skippy

attroll
03-15-2008, 23:03
I have stayed at Katahdin Cabins twice this winter so far. The first time it was for the weekend of snowmobiling. The second time was for a week of snowmobiling. I can verify that the owners are great people and the cabins are nice also.

katahdincabins
10-08-2008, 10:04
Just wanted to let all know - KATAHDIN is open again!!! The Knives Edge AND Cathedral trails at still CLOSED - but with good weather on forecast AND no snow expected tomorrow (cross your fingers!) all should be fine for hiking the next 10 days or so for folks trying to finish the mountain! Just wanted to let all know - have a GREAT hike!

Skip

katahdincabins
05-25-2010, 05:27
Hi guys! Wanted 2 let everyone know that the mountain officially opens for business today. Both the Abol & Hunt trail are now open all the way to the top - all the campgrounds EXCEPT for Chimney Pond are open too (including Roaring Brook campground!). GREAT NEWS! And....some more info (especially for support members/family!).....this year - if you wish to book/reserve a parking spot in BSP - if you are in/from MAINE - you may call any time to reserve a spot during the year for no charge. From away? Like most thru-hikers & their family? You may call 3 WEEKS from the date you wish to reserve a parking spot in the park & pay a $5 fee for doing so. Hope this info helps - any closures/special news/info will post back from time to time - GOOD LUCK 2 ALL!

Skip

katahdincabins
09-30-2010, 14:49
Just an UPDATE to all - today - 9/30 is a CLASS 3 DAY - no hiking above 3,000ft line. SAME FOR TOMORROW - 10/1 - and possibly more days depending on the rain/wind from this storm (Nicole!). Will post another update tomorrow afternoon OR Saturday morning with an update for all the thru-hikers/familes. Good luck out in the 100 mile wilderness!

Skip
Katahdin Cabins

katahdincabins
08-01-2011, 11:35
Greetings 2 all this year! Wanted to give an update on our rates/info. The small cabins can have either a single queen bed OR both a double & twin bed - max occupants are 3 ppl. The large cabins have a queen bed in the left br - both a double & twin bed in the right br - max occupants are 5ppl. In BOTH cabins there is NO ROOM to place a rollaway or a cot. The rates for the small cabins are $65 per night plus tax - the rates for the large cabins are $85 per night plus tax. 14 day cancellation - no discounts are offered anymore as operating expenses have risen considerably as well as the cost of being a "green" property - as I am sure most of you are aware of. Any ?? please feel free to give us a holler - have a great journey out there.....

Skip