PDA

View Full Version : Wow...I am impressed!

Luthien
03-06-2007, 19:15
I first logged onto Whiteblaze today and started looking around...and I can't believe all the helpful information I got in...15 minutes of looking here, haha!! Hiking skirts, diva cups, all of the wonderful hiking stuff that reminds me that I don't have to pretend I am a man for a week-10 days. Thanks! Mind if I stick around? ;)

camich
03-06-2007, 19:17
Welcome to WB!!!!:welcome Yep, it's a great place to learn all kinds of stuff!:confused: :)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-06-2007, 19:47
Mind if I stick around? ;)Mind?!? We insist :). Welcome. Look forward to your additions to our forum.

Lilred
03-06-2007, 22:13
I'll throw in my welcome as well. Glad to have you aboard, although, you may get more information than you ever dreamed of........

Luthien
03-07-2007, 10:41
Thanks for the welcome. It's good to find this place--you've no idea, LOL! I don't know any women who willingly strap a pack on their back to head outdoors for a time...and I usually wind up getting the "you're gonna do WHAT?" questions when I talk about vacation plans, followed closely by "You're nuts!" (This summer--100 Mile Wilderness with hubby! Yay!)

1Pint
03-07-2007, 14:28
I first logged onto Whiteblaze today and started looking around...and I can't believe all the helpful information I got in...15 minutes of looking here, haha!! Hiking skirts, diva cups, all of the wonderful hiking stuff that reminds me that I don't have to pretend I am a man for a week-10 days. Thanks! Mind if I stick around? ;)

:welcome So glad to have another woman join the group here!! :welcome Glad you found it... how did you? Just curious.

bfitz
03-07-2007, 14:55
I don't know any women who willingly strap a pack on their back to head outdoors for a time...and I usually wind up getting the "you're gonna do WHAT?" questions when I talk about vacation plans, followed closely by "You're nuts!" (This summer--100 Mile Wilderness with hubby! Yay!)Not all who wander are lost, right? Interesting alias you've chosen there....

:welcome to whiteblaze...

Cuffs
03-07-2007, 15:12
Welcome Luthien! Just FYI, you are going to be overwhelmed with info, but good info none the less!

Luthien
03-07-2007, 15:52
:welcome So glad to have another woman join the group here!! :welcome Glad you found it... how did you? Just curious.

Hubby's on the boards. (He's Beren...Beren & Luthien, ta-da! Yea, we're J.R.R. Tolkien fans.) I just wasn't aware that there was a whole female hiking forum until yesterday. He got me this backpacking book for my birthday that was geared towards women because, in his words, "There are just some things I cannot advise you about." :eek: When I got to the part about just "dealing with your monthly visitor and embracing your womanhood" nonsense I nearly threw the book. Then I found y'all.

Mrs Baggins
03-12-2007, 15:04
:welcomeLuthien, meet Mrs Baggins. No I'm not Frodo's mom! :D Got my name from trekmates in New Zealand because of my (obsession) love of all things Tolkien and LOTR. The only piece of jewelry I'm taking on our thru-hike (2 more days:eek:) is my replica of the One Ring. And I'm 51 - no "nerdy" kid. Anyhow, I just found this site a few days ago and wish I'd found it years ago! Spent too much time on another site that is judgemental and well.....I'm just relieved to have found this one! Best of luck in all of your outdoor adventures! After all, "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Luthien
03-13-2007, 23:07
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Amen to that, Mrs. Baggins, and best of luck on your thru-hike!!!

ShowMe
03-14-2007, 02:48
Happy to see a fellow St. Louisan here. I couldn't agree more about the great people and advice you find on this site.

Sorry ladies I'll stay off of your forum from now on.