PDA

View Full Version : on the topic of stalking on the at

sloopjonboswell
03-08-2007, 00:28
arent we inherently stalking the people we dont really know, the people we meet on the trail, by reading log books and the internet? im not sure of how to feel about this post. my empathy veers to all corners of the debate. it seems an assumed risk, for anyone. i dont want to fall in love on the trail, but, if it happened, ,it seems like a sad story made for a tv movie on usa. "oh, god, i couldnt get rid of him, so i harassed every person i saw along the way." -kudos- tell him to %% off, and plenty of people will have your back. i dunno. at some point in new york or maine she told everybody hiking closely that she hated this guy. enuff said. its a tough call. solo-hiking gets lonely, people look for companionship, it doesnt have to mean sex, which will probably get some thru hiker guy stuck to your leg for at least a day or two. i hate that the article seems to try and talk people off the trail. relationships on the trail. i aint talking to nobody. thats not true. i will always say hello. i hope to see friendly woman vibe along the way but only to the means of not always having a sword pile at the campfire. go all ye with weary souls, expect only the kindest from the lips of your counterparts, or tell them to go to hell with bad water. this was a half drunk thruhiker in planning opinion. operation. end transmission.

Frosty
03-08-2007, 00:31
Take a cold shower, you'll be fine.

RAT
03-08-2007, 01:20
*** ? Sounds like someone puking up a buncha words ,, makes no sense. I think it will take more than a cold shower. Perhaps Welbutrin ? lol

RAT

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-08-2007, 06:50
I think he read the Stalking thread and it fried his mind. Go get some rest and avoid threads with little locks beside them in the future.

Fannypack
03-08-2007, 07:31
Jon, makes pefect sense to me... allot of relavent thoughts using matt's delivery style..good luck on the trail..

RockStar
03-08-2007, 08:21
I want to voice my 2 cents and an example.

I didn't mind anyone reading my journals, asking questions about my agenda, or anything else except one guy...an older man who carried around a picture of a 14 year old girl NOT related to him, he said he met her in a diner(dont know if thats true but, just sounds weird and creepy if he made it up OR its the truth) he sid she gave it to him and told him when he wanted to quit just look at that picture and keep going. WHAT? I didn't understand why this gentleman came up to me and my hiking partner in the first place, obviously interrupting a private conversation we were having on a LOWER bunk in a bunkroom to tell us this?! Then we all stayed quiet b/c we wanted him to leave and he thought he needed to volunteer more information, he told us how "that lady over there*pointed" he had met online and they decided to hike together but, he just couldn't anymore. He began to weep? He then said they bought all gear together (eventhough they lived states away) and he let her keep this and that and was gonna buy replacements etc. Finally he left.

Got to Hiawassee. He was there but, never did we see him hiking and he left AFTER us by at least a day (according to his remarks leaving Neels). So he comes barreling towards us and grabs my shoulder and starts yapping our heads off about getting us a room, as if he is our spokesperson...eventhough all he did was verify "they are HIKERS they need a room" and we did the rest. This guy became like a gnat...a creepy one! So we went to our room and laughed the heebee jeebees off until he BUSTED in our door yapping nervously and in the midst of his rammbling said "you should lock that door" ( the same one he BARGED into just before we were changing into out SHOWER attire) and kept yapping until he saw we were irritated and then mentioned a Steak house/buffet that hikers were gonna be shuttled to in 30 minutes. So we said yeah we want to go, GO TELL HIM we will go. And he left, I quickly went to lock the door. I had a little trouble with it but, did lock it.

The whole time we were there he kept coming to the door or stopping us outside. He was SO interested in our schedule and agenda. Always quick to mention he was just "taken a zero" and gonna get back out there. My partner was leaving but, we did NOT tell him this. He overheard us talking about it and she said "NO my uncle is coming to visit, I meant leaving to start hiking again". He seemed a little dissappointed I was not gonna start alone. We were so GLAD to leave that place and I would never stay at the H. Inn again eventhough Ranger "creep" prob. wont be there.

Maybe he was harmless but, I can see where creepy perverts or potential perverts are attracted to the trail. And I DO NOT think they are the MAJORITY. However, it is pretty unsettling to think some old geezer carrying around a 14 year olds picture he doesn't even know, wants to know your detailed agenda and seems sad you won't be hiking alone.

:eek: Everytime I think about this guy I get the creeps. Just didn't feel right at all.

Lone Wolf
03-08-2007, 08:28
i met him last year. at neel gap then hiawassee

mweinstone
03-08-2007, 08:32
your post is weird. im shocked to hear someone as dumb as me1 are you an artist? did you smoke anything you shouldnt have? your post is confusing yet humorless. ill have to consult jester . i imediatly thaught of my own bad writings when i read this threads opener. but its like matthewski on crack. bad crack. the kind you dont get creative while useing. wait,... do you use crack? or does it use you? anywho,... your nuts! i like that. lets be friends. the second post is the money though. i even thaught it was me! i thaught maby i sleepposted or something. whew1 im not the weirdests guy in the class anymore! whew! that was a heavy mantle to wear. thank you so much. oh, and i never even read past the first sentence cause the confusion levels made my head hurt and i imediatly looked away out of sheer pain. not kidding. very powerful bad witing. ill have to study this phenomina more. for now we'll call this," matthewski syndrome x"to be renamed later. after more study. good morning america.

sloopjonboswell
03-08-2007, 08:51
there is no punchline, there never is unless i tell a joke, or at least am out of earshot. geez cant a prospective thru hiker drink some pbrs, put on the calories, and thread it up? thanks for understanding dino, the post was in reference to 'sex and stalking on the at.' as far as amphetemine and benzodiazepates, if you stick them up your a## i hear they work just as fast. mattski, i'll put three dimes down that say you dont make it. hope that helps you make it. the original post did fry my brain, it was like some mysoginist soap opera.

sloopjonboswell
03-08-2007, 09:03
rockstar, that sounds like the kind of crap i would expect in the first 100 miles. esp. in towns.

Lone Wolf
03-08-2007, 09:27
poor matt. he's so misunderstood. nobody knows what it's like to be a sad man behind brown eyes

Gray Blazer
03-08-2007, 10:42
your post is weird. im shocked to hear someone as dumb as me1 are you an artist? did you smoke anything you shouldnt have? your post is confusing yet humorless. ill have to consult jester . i imediatly thaught of my own bad writings when i read this threads opener. but its like matthewski on crack. bad crack. the kind you dont get creative while useing. wait,... do you use crack? or does it use you? anywho,... your nuts! i like that. lets be friends. the second post is the money though. i even thaught it was me! i thaught maby i sleepposted or something. whew1 im not the weirdests guy in the class anymore! whew! that was a heavy mantle to wear. thank you so much. oh, and i never even read past the first sentence cause the confusion levels made my head hurt and i imediatly looked away out of sheer pain. not kidding. very powerful bad witing. ill have to study this phenomina more. for now we'll call this," matthewski syndrome x"to be renamed later. after more study. good morning america.

I get it Matt, sorry about the acid crack. ew rrr nne rtis. Sloop jon b, I like the friendly female vibes, too. Unfortunately, there are a lot of weird guys and you can't blame some of the AT women for not being warm and friendly right off the bat.

Bravo
03-08-2007, 15:03
I get it Matt, sorry about the acid crack. ew rrr nne rtis. Sloop jon b, I like the friendly female vibes, too. Unfortunately, there are a lot of weird guys and you can't blame some of the AT women for not being warm and friendly right off the bat.

Sure you can. I blame any of thems thar wimens if thay dont have dinner ready at the shelter.:D

Bravo runs and ducks......

mweinstone
03-08-2007, 17:59
what band was that song?

"worst thread ever." comicbookstoreguy.

Lone Wolf
03-08-2007, 18:01
what band was that song?

"worst thread ever." comicbookstoreguy.

the who i think

ed bell
03-08-2007, 18:41