PDA

View Full Version : getting there.....the where,what and woes...

Sorrys2Cliche
03-08-2007, 16:12
ok so Im looking to book my ticket from NJ to GA and thought to myself; "how doI get from Atlanta to Springer....I mean whereisthat even in relation?" SoI guess Im calling on all you experienced NOBO'ers for a little help/advice......any suggestions? Im set to leave March 31st for an april first start.

- Ian

Sorrys2Cliche
03-08-2007, 16:18
scratch that...logic just dawned on me..I will be bussing it....
even if I checked my pack at the luggage counter they'd still prolly have me at gitmofor the contents....Stillloking for advice even moreso...looking into greyhounds.

- ian

mnof1000v
03-08-2007, 16:18
You should contact Josh and Leigh over at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega. They'll pick you up at the airport, give you a place to stay, and even drop you at the trail head (approach trail or just springer) after a HUGE breakfast. That's what I did last year, and my trip was worry free. :banana

Check them out at HikerHostel.com.

mnof1000v
03-08-2007, 16:20
I checked my pack. I had all kinds of useless crap in it too. But if you are concerned they won't let you on the plane, you could always ship your pack to Josh and Leigh as well.

Sorrys2Cliche
03-08-2007, 16:21
Thanks Dude!

Im checking it out as I type this.
many thanks
- Ian

Blue Wolf
03-08-2007, 16:22
I would have to say that most folks go into Gainsville instead, via bus and get a shuttle from there to the Dahlonega hostel spend the night & rest then they shuttle you to the trail the next morning the cost is 68.00 there Telephone # is 770-312-7342 if you need more info hope this helps.

Sorrys2Cliche
03-08-2007, 17:00
Ok so I just spoke w/ Josh (nice guy) and what I am gonna do is book a cheap flight down to Atlanta sans the back pack (which ill UPS down there a few days in advance.) :) Im grinning ear to ear...hopefully I'll see some of you guys on the trail?

-Ian

KMaha
03-08-2007, 19:48
I plan to hike a few days that weekend. Springer to Neels Gap. First time back on trails in a long while and I am testing a recoup'd injured ankle. If you find me face down in the middle of the trail whimpering, please roll me out of the way and call my wife. She will want to know that she can sell my golf clubs finally.

Sorrys2Cliche
03-09-2007, 18:16
Is trail law like hobo law? if so then traditionally we'd get to roll the body for loot before we contact anybody. :)