PDA

View Full Version : jetpack thru

mweinstone
03-08-2007, 18:28
i want to jetpack the trail useing the type in bond movies and as seen at superbowls and such. what type of fuel do i need?

Carnivore
03-08-2007, 18:32
denatured alcohol

bullseye
03-08-2007, 18:45
denatured alcohol

Been done, can't see the flame, burns the hair off your legs.:eek:

buckowens
03-08-2007, 18:46
Be careful of the sightseeing helicopters near Gatlinburg...

Mother's Finest
03-08-2007, 19:39
dude, what are you talking about. you know what you need

SHINE

peace
mf

Boat Drinks
03-09-2007, 00:24
Some really good acid?:eek: :banana :D

Bravo
03-09-2007, 00:28
Some really good acid?:eek: :banana :D

I've already thru'd 87 times on shrooms.:D

freefall
03-09-2007, 00:37
I just put on my worn out bath robe, slide my fingers in a bowling ball and let it carry me away.

saimyoji
03-09-2007, 01:03
Jet pack? Whatever happened to the catapult...slingshot?

RobKimball
03-09-2007, 01:18
The good news is you get your resupplies from a KC-10 (http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/systems/dvic247.jpg) instead of a grocery store/post office!

emerald
03-09-2007, 01:35
Jet pack? Whatever happened to the catapult...slingshot?

Those enamoured with such ideas aren't around anymore to tell about their experiences. You won't see much talk of jet packs before long either, but walking seems here to stay.

iliketacos
03-09-2007, 01:52
beans and tabasco sauce

mweinstone
03-09-2007, 19:10
im gonna grass ski the trail! ahh grass skis. the sport of idiots. maby ill do it in a rickshaw! now thats cool. an as my mule,... i choose..................................ummmmmm... .................................................. ............................................minnes ota smith. slow and steady wins the race. ill probubly feed him although im looking into grazing him and just leaving him to sleep under the rickshaw .might be nice.

Froggy
03-09-2007, 20:20
The engine uses hydrogen peroxide. It runs through a platinum catalytic screen which separates the oxygen and hydrogen in a hot reaction. The hydrogen and oxygen recombine explosively in the nozzle providing thrust.

The hydrogen peroxide is the undiluted stuff, not the watered-down mix available off the shelf. The entire system requires rather extreme hazmat protection, and is not for the amateur.

The engines are terribly noisy, and only burn for a minute or two max. Refueling while on the trail might be difficult.

The control of the craft is also problematic. Typically reaction controls are used, with either proportional controls or bang-bang controls. Control methology should be tested to ensure that pilot-induced oscillations are not present, since they easily can be.

Finally, you'll need some good instrumentation system to warn you of descent rates which exceed your leg's capabilities, and of various engine parameters.

Inasmuch as most of the AT is wooded, you'll need to make sure that you don't harm the trees, either by the exhaust, the continual need for major refueling operations, or by running into them at high speed when you hit them.

Let us know how it works out!

emerald
03-09-2007, 20:39
Inasmuch as most of the AT is wooded, you'll need to make sure that you don't harm the trees ... by running into them at high speed when you hit them.

Yeah, that last part could be problematic. Like I said, don't be surprised, if when you check back later, there might not be any posts.:D

woodsy
03-09-2007, 21:04
Work Moose http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/graphics/workmoose.jpg

freefall
03-09-2007, 22:44
i want to jetpack the trail useing the type in bond movies and as seen at superbowls and such. what type of fuel do i need?

http://www.jet-man.com/index_eng.html

The newest issue of National Geographic Adventure has an article about this guy.

The wingspan might be an issue though.