PDA

View Full Version : Hot Springs shuttle and parking in June

Almost There
03-08-2007, 18:45
I am sitting on the fence about where I am hiking this summer, either a BMT Thru hike or Davenport Gap to Damascus quite possibly...I know I can get a shuttle from Hot Springs to Davenport Gap, but is there somewhere in town where they let hikers park cars. Obviously I need a place to park for 2-3 weeks. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Jack Tarlin
03-08-2007, 18:50
There's a Park Service parking lot right by the Trailhead at the southern end of town where people can park long-term; as far as I know, there's never been a problem there.

Another alternative would be to leave your car in Damascus, perhaps at the lot across from Mt. Rogers Outfitters, assuming you had permission from the owners. Then you could get a ride to Damascus and walk back to your car.

One could also probably leave a car for awhile at Standing Bear Farm, near Davenport Gap, with permission from the owners.

GryWolf
03-08-2007, 19:22
Should you decide to park your car in Damascus, the lot across from the outfitters is a good place & after following up with a lot of "my" hikers I've not heard of any incidences of vandalism, however..... the outfitters charge a low per-day parking fee. The plus side is it's right outside their window so any attempts at vandalism would probably be noticed right away.

Happy Hiking! :sun

Tractor
03-08-2007, 19:38
I've left a car across from MRO in Damascus a couple of times, no problem and the small fee is fair enough. t

Lone Wolf
03-08-2007, 21:12
Should you decide to park your car in Damascus, the lot across from the outfitters is a good place & after following up with a lot of "my" hikers I've not heard of any incidences of vandalism, however..... the outfitters charge a low per-day parking fee.

nope. $3 per day. my place is free. i pity the fool (dumbf ck) that tries to break into a client's vehicle.:)