PDA

View Full Version : Question about Campmor sleeping bags.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-09-2007, 07:44
Does anyone know if the Campmor rectangular down bags have a zipper that allows them to open up completely to be used as a flat quilt? I may be needing to add a quilt rather quickly and this would be a viable alternative to making my own.

Cedar Tree
03-09-2007, 08:21
Yes, they well open up and lie flat. You can mate them too, for couples. We mate a 20 degree with the 0 degree. Gives some flexibility depending on temperature.
CT

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-09-2007, 09:37
Thanks Cedar Tree. It looks like I may be hiking with our newest grandchild soon (she is 16 and being adopted) and I need a way to keep her toasty. I just might buy the two you mention so the dinos can ues them - though we would likely have the zippers between us (atop and underneath) as he is a warm sleeper and I'm a cold sleeper.

dla
03-09-2007, 12:22
Does anyone know if the Campmor rectangular down bags have a zipper that allows them to open up completely to be used as a flat quilt? I may be needing to add a quilt rather quickly and this would be a viable alternative to making my own.

Yep, they lay flat. They make a good quilt if you don't need a footbox. I've got a couple of the 20*f rectangular regulars that my daughters use for bed quilts instead of leaving them in the cotton storage sacks. I use a 20*f Long mummy as a quilt - the hood gets in the way but otherwise it works well as it has a footbox.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-09-2007, 13:03
I have ahomemade item that turns flat quilts into a quilt with a footbox on one side and a 'corner holder" on the other. The male dino will not use a footbox.