PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic sv-av30

Dirtyoldman
08-11-2003, 12:09
anyone seen this lil puppy? Looks good in the display case but I am not very sure of the specs.

So far I cant find replacement batteries or a decent way to recharge it on trail. (I prefer AA's)

I havent seen the quality of the pictures or movies nor Have I heard the mp3 play back sound quality

On the surface this sounds like a nice lil gadget but I would like to hear other opinions.....

gravityman
08-11-2003, 18:33
I haven't used it, but looking at the specs, it can't replace a camera since it can only take 640x480 pictures (not good enough for anything but 3x4 prints). The mp3 player is properly marginal at best.

We have the Pentax Optio-S for our digital camera. It will do 30 sec videos and unlimited sound recording. It is also a 3 megapixel camera (so up to 8x10). It's about 4 oz with battery and memory card.

For music we have the Lyra RD1080. FM reciever and mp3 player. Both items take the SD card, which is nice and convient. It's about 3 oz with batteries.

It's a nice idea to combine an mp3 player and a camera, but I have a feeling there isn't a big enough market out there for that to make it a really great product.

Just my 2c

Gravity Man

icemanat95
08-12-2003, 13:08
gadget.

You want and NEED a better camera than that.

If you insist on bringing a music device I would suggest a radio since you can get weather reports.

Dirtyoldman
08-15-2003, 03:31
Thanks for the reality check - perhaps when sony brings the resolution up a bit.....