PDA

View Full Version : Small ditty bags

Nest
03-10-2007, 23:53
I am looking for small ditty bags to hold stuff like my Aqua Mira bottles, and 50ft of 2mm rope for my bear bag and to use as the throw bag. Basically something about 3"x3". I checked some online stores and can't find any near this size. Does anyone know any stores that sell bags this size, or items I can buy at a decent price that are packaged in bags that would work? I appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

jaiden
03-11-2007, 01:23
these might be a little too big for you, but there are a lot of other choices too...
http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/19124/

Nest
03-11-2007, 01:31
I've got a set of those, and I really like them. The small bag is larger than what would be ideal for me, but I think I will get another set if I can't find anything else. I'm an organizing freak, and can't stand to have loose items in my pack. Thanks for the help though.

highway
03-11-2007, 07:04
I am looking for small ditty bags to hold stuff like my Aqua Mira bottles, and 50ft of 2mm rope for my bear bag and to use as the throw bag. Basically something about 3"x3". I checked some online stores and can't find any near this size. Does anyone know any stores that sell bags this size, or items I can buy at a decent price that are packaged in bags that would work? I appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

Look at places where climbing equipment is sold. Most likely they will have rolls of 2 mm cordage up and you purchase it by the foot. Good outfitters stock it too. Some of the 3 mm has reflective tape strand running through it that reflects light back at you at night so you are less apt to trip over the lines holding down your hammock tarp, tarp tent or whatever. I especially like that feature because if i drop small items at night it makes it easier to locate quickly, like a little light, or compass or whatever.
These folks do have what i described above and will sell it to you:

http://www.blackcreekoutfitters.com/blackcreek/

If it is not listed on their website, just call them and they will certainly do it and send it.

highway
03-11-2007, 07:06
For small ditty bags, consider the smallish-but sealable-baggys. Cheap, easy to see what is in it

Frog
03-11-2007, 07:16
Golite makes some really small bags. Like the one they send you when you buy the first time from them. They send it to you when you send in your warranty for an item purchased. I am sure you can also buy these.

jaiden
03-11-2007, 11:51
maybe this one?

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/product.asp?path=Search&path=Outdoor+Research+Stuff+Sacs&search_handle=A%3dOutdoor+Research+Stuff+Sacs%7eB% 3dOutdoor+Research+Stuff+Sacs%7eC%3d1%7eD%3d9%7eE% 3d1%5e1%5e2%5enum_Sort1%7eK%3d4%7eL%3d1%7eM%3d2%7e N%3d2%7e&scid=SearchResults&pf_id=10004510&spoffset=2&s_id=0&mscssid=DLUAK5PH5CU68J752N4VEN2D3F951QJ2

"Outdoor Research Cord Stuffsack"

Sly
03-11-2007, 12:16
REI Small Ditty

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47943686&parent_category_rn=4500447&vcat=REI_SEARCH

Footslogger
03-11-2007, 12:43
I gave up and made some. Have a bunch of silnylon scraps in different colors. Wasn't too worried about neatness since they were only meant to keep little stuff from getting lost in my pack. Took me all of 10 minutes to knock out 3 - 4 off them with drawcord and barrel locks.

It also gave me some practice sewing silnyon. One of these days I'm gonna try something more adventuresmome and didn't want to trash a huge piece of silnylon.

'Slogger

Nest
03-11-2007, 16:01
Thanks for the replys everyone. I went to Sun and Ski and got the 2mm cord, and some of that 3mm with the reflective tape that Highway mentioned for my Hammock guylines. I'm leaning towards the bag that Jaiden linked to. I like how I can tuy the cord to the loops on the inside, and use it as a throw bag when I turn it inside out. I will take Footslogger's advice and try to make some. I have about 15 yards of DWR that isn't being used.

LIhikers
03-13-2007, 09:19
I got some small, very lightweight ditty bags for Christmas. Well, really I got a couple of bottles of wine as a gift and each bottle was "wrapped" in a sack made of very light, shear, fabric with a drawstring. Certainly not waterproof but works well to hold the small stuff together in one place.

Nest
03-13-2007, 19:19
I got some small, very lightweight ditty bags for Christmas. Well, really I got a couple of bottles of wine as a gift and each bottle was "wrapped" in a sack made of very light, shear, fabric with a drawstring. Certainly not waterproof but works well to hold the small stuff together in one place.

Hmm... I get the bags, and enjoy emptying them. I could use about 3 or 4, that should make for a good night.

Kerosene
03-14-2007, 11:11
Here are a few lightweight silnyl options from Moonbow: http://www.moonbowgear.com/1trailgear/5Accesories/stuffsacks/stuffsacks.html

sarbar
03-14-2007, 11:14
OR makes a set of 3 small ditty bags out of silnylon, in the $20 range.