PDA

View Full Version : Ways To Xfr Pix To Home Or Web

Bob Anderson
03-11-2007, 20:47
I plan on posting pictures on the web while I'm hiking this summer. I believe average pix size will be ~50K. Are the puplic use computers (coffee shops, library) able to take data off my memory card so I can send it to the web or e-mail? Or is there a another method that makes more sense? I could buy another memory card and keep them bouncing back and forth to home via US Mail. Any tips or thoughts are appreciated.

And thanks to those who commented on the Katahdin to Portland commute. Info was appreciated.

My hike starts in PA near Hbg. on July 1. I suppose I'll meet some of you.

JEB

MOWGLI
03-11-2007, 20:54
You could probably purchase a USB compatible device to transfer your images to an email. Another option would be to stop in pharmacies along the way, and have disks created to mail home. That way, all your photos will be waiting for you when you're done with your hike.

Good luck!

RockStar
03-11-2007, 22:00
WARNING be sure to tell the postal workers there is a picture cd in your package...otherwise they could get erased. I didn't know that and it happened to me. :/

vaporjourney
03-12-2007, 11:46
WARNING be sure to tell the postal workers there is a picture cd in your package...otherwise they could get erased. I didn't know that and it happened to me. :/

thanks so much for sharing that. I plan on shipping cds back if it's easy to find pharmacies that can do this, and will definitely tell the clerk at the PO. Thanks again.

Earl Grey
03-12-2007, 18:28
This is what I plan on doing.

Purchase a SD to usb converter and then at an computer I come across ill put the sd card from the camera into the usb adapter and take the pics off. Then I will upload them to my website or something.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820223069

K0OPG
03-13-2007, 07:26
just buy a 1GB card for your camera and you should be able to get about a 1000 pictures and just download them when you get finished.

Midway Sam
03-13-2007, 07:52

A CD is an optical media not a magnetic one. There is no way for them to get "erased". Now the shipper could damage the disk by heating it or breaking it...