PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo Spork

GlazeDog
03-12-2007, 00:39
Just saw a bamboo spork in the current issue of Bon Appetit (gourmet food magazine) along side of the Light My Fire's Spork and a knork (knife/fork). The bamboo spork is from greenfeet.com (bad photo at website--won't enlarge)--but see magazine pg.40 for better photo next time you're in Borders, etc.. Bon App. claims 2oz. weight for $2.00. 3.5" length.

Now spork users can go organic and use ecological, sustainable, renewable resource and still be ultralight.:)

See link:
http://store.greenfeet.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=6010-00654-0000

GlazeDog

Two Speed
03-12-2007, 05:58
Mmm, and if the teeth are fine enough it could pass as a comb, too!

(Sorry, my personality ain't built to resist a wisecrack like that.)

Skidsteer
03-12-2007, 06:28
Mmm, and if the teeth are fine enough it could pass as a comb, too!

(Sorry, my personality ain't built to resist a wisecrack like that.)

And a guitar pick as well.

Two Speed
03-12-2007, 08:11
And a guitar pick as well.OK, let's run with it. Can anyone figure out how to attend to ALL camping & hiking tasks with a poncho, a bandana and a bamboo spork?

(Sorry Skids, but I thought this one needed the dancing banana. I'll try to behave better in the future. No, really, I will. Hey, I don't like the way ya'll are laughing at me. :mad: )

jasonklass
03-13-2007, 19:39
Wow, pretty cool. The only problem I could see with it is that it's not long enough to stir food or coffee well.

Lanthar Mandragoran
03-14-2007, 08:21
OK, let's run with it. Can anyone figure out how to attend to ALL camping & hiking tasks with a poncho, a bandana and a bamboo spork?

(Sorry Skids, but I thought this one needed the dancing banana. I'll try to behave better in the future. No, really, I will. Hey, I don't like the way ya'll are laughing at me. :mad: )

Well, if you really polished the inside of the bowl of the spork it could be a firestarter ala the coke can polished with chocolate method...

Spork
03-14-2007, 19:13
OK, let's run with it. Can anyone figure out how to attend to ALL camping & hiking tasks with a poncho, a bandana and a bamboo spork?

A true spork-master would have no need for such luxuries as a poncho or bandana...

Two Speed
03-14-2007, 21:23
A true spork-master would have no need for such luxuries as a poncho or bandana...OK, ditch the poncho, but keep the bandana. Gotta have something for the days when hikin' nekkid is ill considered, like resupply in town, etc. Also makes a neato flag, so the bandana stays.

Lanthar Mandragoran
03-15-2007, 13:44
OK, ditch the poncho, but keep the bandana. Gotta have something for the days when hikin' nekkid is ill considered, like resupply in town, etc. Also makes a neato flag, so the bandana stays.

Did anyone else get a really disturbing image when the use of the bandana went from loin cloth to flag?

Spork
03-15-2007, 15:06
Did anyone else get a really disturbing image when the use of the bandana went from loin cloth to flag?

Well, I did now thank you very much!! :eek: It's gonna take at least a 12-pack to drown that visual....

Lanthar Mandragoran
03-15-2007, 16:40
Well, I did now thank you very much!! :eek: It's gonna take at least a 12-pack to drown that visual....

Less if you use some Sam Adams Utopias (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=6&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.internetwines.com%2Frws28347. html&ei=NK_5RYzAMJ3gggSgj8H1BA&usg=__ghhfZbaY7yv9LN1evj4YNVf9bWg=&sig2=3C_M_vtxoLcE60_kefDuMQ)

Two Speed
03-15-2007, 16:51
has settled in. My work here appears to be done. And now, the obligatory dancing banana: :banana

Footslogger
03-15-2007, 17:01
has settled in. My work here appears to be done. And now, the obligatory dancing banana: :banana

============================

Beam me up Scotty ...

'Slogger

GlazeDog
03-15-2007, 19:45
I've been busy a couple of days and look what I come back to---simply hilarious!!!!!

Is it possible to boil water using a bandana, poncho, and spork? Possibly---Native Americans boiled water in grass basket by dropping hot rock in the water but not letting them touch the bottom--possibly layered on other rocks. Using this technique I'll have my coffee and ramen--I guess I can hike.

But does the bandana double as TP.??

GlazeDog

Spork
03-15-2007, 20:38
Is it possible to boil water using a bandana, poncho, and spork?

Just use the spork...

Just use the spork...

Two Speed
03-15-2007, 20:48
Did anyone else get a really disturbing image when the use of the bandana went from loin cloth to flag?Umm, can we add the spork sticking out of your dreds, kinda like an Afro pick, just to round out the picture?

Well, I did now thank you very much!! :eek: It's gonna take at least a 12-pack to drown that visual....Duuuuude, I am SO in! First, we get a really tacky visual going, then we drown it with beer! Sheer genius.

Less if you use some Sam Adams Utopias (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=6&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.internetwines.com%2Frws28347. html&ei=NK_5RYzAMJ3gggSgj8H1BA&usg=__ghhfZbaY7yv9LN1evj4YNVf9bWg=&sig2=3C_M_vtxoLcE60_kefDuMQ)That's cheating. I'll do my drinking the old fashioned way. You whippersnappers these days don't appreciate what us old timers had to do, making our own beer with a spork, poncho and a bandana, while hiking nekkid.

============================

Beam me up Scotty ...

'SloggerAlways bugging out when the fun starts.

I've been busy a couple of days and look what I come back to---simply hilarious!!!!!

Is it possible to boil water using a bandana, poncho, and spork? Possibly---Native Americans boiled water in grass basket by dropping hot rock in the water but not letting them touch the bottom--possibly layered on other rocks. Using this technique I'll have my coffee and ramen--I guess I can hike.

GlazeDogTo answer that, see the previous post. BTW, just in case no one else has said it, :welcome to WB!

Lanthar Mandragoran
03-16-2007, 11:33

GlazeDog
Just use the spork...

Huh... The above referenced bamboo spork does sport a nicely rounded edge...

Umm, can we add the spork sticking out of your dreds, kinda like an Afro pick, just to round out the picture?

Err... okay, so if I take that comment one way, it's pretty funny (though mildly disgusting, considering Spork's comment)... a different way and it's downright painful...

Duuuuude, I am SO in! First, we get a really tacky visual going, then we drown it with beer! Sheer genius.

That's cheating. I'll do my drinking the old fashioned way. You whippersnappers these days don't appreciate what us old timers had to do, making our own beer with a spork, poncho and a bandana, while hiking nekkid.

Is that a vote for starting St Patty's day a day early?

Two Speed
03-16-2007, 18:39
Huh... The above referenced bamboo spork does sport a nicely rounded edge...If that's what it takes to be an ultralighter I ain't joining the club.
Is that a vote for starting St Patty's day a day early?Well, no, not really, but considering the mental image we've been building I wouldn't blame anyone for getting an early start. Face it, an image like that is gonna need some serious memory reset.

GlazeDog
03-16-2007, 19:06
BTW, just in case no one else has said it, :welcome to WB!

Thanks! That was swell.:)

This just in---It's reported that if you fill a mapdanna with AT spring water and place the bamboo spork in it before the water seeps out, that the spork will point directly to Katahdin. ;)

"Which end?"-you ask. Not the end you wipe with.

GlazeDog

Spork
03-16-2007, 19:36
This just in---It's reported that if you fill a mapdanna with AT spring water and place the bamboo spork in it before the water seeps out, that the spork will point directly to Katahdin. ;)

GlazeDog

Very good Grasshopper. When you can take the spork from my hand, it will be time for you to leave...

Two Speed
03-20-2007, 07:58
Thanks! That was swell.:)

GlazeDogOK, OK, I think I understand. But, if one is a SOBO, will the spork point to Springer, and if so, do you have to wipe with the other end?

GlazeDog
03-20-2007, 18:50
OK, OK, I think I understand. But, if one is a SOBO, will the spork point to Springer, and if so, do you have to wipe with the other end?

Well SOBO's are supposed to be a hardier lot--aren't they.:rolleyes: SOBO's are allowed to use a rock from Katahdin to wipe as an alternate.

GlazeDog