PDA

View Full Version : Brownies + Chocolate Protien Powder

RockStar
03-12-2007, 13:36
I am a member of a "gym bunny" group on myspace and one of the things a member said they love to eat are brownies with chocolate protien powder added in. I was remembering a few ppl that used the chocolate P.P. in their Hot cocoa and said it tasted great!...I think Im gonna try this. Anyone else?

I will have my mail drop person(who has already agreed to send me brownies until Im sick of them) add some C.P.P. to the mix! :D

Cuffs
03-12-2007, 14:03
Hmmm protein powder in hot cocoa.... Now theres something I hadnt thought of.

I am always aware of how much protein (or lack of) I intake when hiking. This might make a good source.

Thanks for the idea. I wont be able to try it out for a few days, but will let you know what I find!

Johnny Thunder
03-12-2007, 15:21
...Just be careful of overheating Whey Protein. My observation from putting the stuff in my morning oatmeal is that you have to wait to mix the powder in until after it's cooled down a bit. Otherwise, you get this great curdled flavored protein stuff scumming up whatever you're eating...

Johnny

saimyoji
03-12-2007, 15:28
Def. don't add Vanilla flavored whey protein to coffee....you'll be spooning it out...doesn't taste bad though.

headchange4u
03-12-2007, 16:07
I read this thread (http://www.trailforums.com/detail.cfm?PostNum=8636) over at Trail Forums and it sounded like a very good breakfast item along the same lines that you are talking about:

Lion King
This is something I have done for a few years and I have gotten others hooked on it. Really fast, simple and energy inducing goodness!
Take your litre of water, add a double dose of protein powder, then add dehydrated milk and one to two packs of Carnation or slimfast (Seriously, for the calories)
Then you have a milkshake type breakfeast, or snack anytime and it is so good and so worth carrying the stuff to make it with.
Now, if you like coffee drinks, another suggestion is this.
Soak TWO coffee singles in your Nalgene overnight, in the morning heat up 3/4th of it, and add the above ingredients to the remaining liquid (COLD< or it will be lumpy and crappy) and shake, then pour in your steaming coffee. Energy, protein, calories and you can carry it with you.
Enjoy.

And the reply from postcard:

Muscle Milk
During my '04 Thru-hike I used a protein powder by Twin Labs in a tupperware milkshaker as my breakfast. Fast. High carps, calories and protein.But the limited flavors had me on a search for a better product. For my'06 Thru-hike, I visited several GNC (General Nutrition Centers) and asked which protein powder suppliment was the best tasting? Each time they said Muscle Milk powder. And yes it is the best tasting with the most flavors. GNC doesn't carry every flavor so some I ordered online. There is no easier or faster way to get nearly 500 calories plus all the protein and carps needed for 20 mile days than with this morning breakfast milkshake. It's like liquid ice cream! I included ziplocks with the Muscle Milk powder and powdered milk mixture in every maildrop. The added benefit of such a morning drink is quicker development of your leg muscles early in your thru-hike. The many flavors help you to not tire of them in month four. I highly recommend the approach. Helpful tip: Put a little water in the bottom of your milkshaker. Then add your ziplock of powder. Finish with the rest of the water and shake. Adding the powder on top of a little water keeps it from getting clogged at the bottom. Happy drinking to all. - Postcard

RockStar
03-12-2007, 21:17
I have had muscle milk! It is like a milkshake! yummy. However dont get the banana kind! YUK! I love bananas and everything flavored banana EXCEPT the muscle milk. I forgot about that stuff! Im gonna get some when I go to the GNC or maybe order online and try it in some brownies.