PDA

View Full Version : escape from philadelphia starring snake pliskin

mweinstone
03-12-2007, 17:59
this sunday. march 18th. hawk mountain. mothers finest and mathewski and whomever wishes to grace us with their presence.a walk of some length to be determined. if you never saw the lookouts or the hawk sanktuary with its museum ,.. this is a great chance to have fun, lunch and a hike . ill be bringing trail magic for us in the form of ginger tea and treats. all welcome. meet your white blaze brethren. and sistren.im in for turning it into an overnight if anyone feels the need to escape the confines of the matrix for more than a mere few hours.

mweinstone
03-12-2007, 18:52
state game lands parking lot located on resivior road above hamburg. well meet there. sunday early. hike about 5 minutes to windsor furnace shelter. from witch it is only 3.2 up to the pinnicle. its one of the best veiws on the AT. we will dine on the finest trail treats and hydrate and climb the cave if you like. its only an hour and fifteen minutes from philadelphia! hamburg is just south of port clinton on rt 61. you turn off 61 at the hamburg exit and drive straight thru town untill you cant go further and turn right on mountain rd(i think) to resivoir rd and go left to the end. thats the game land lot. you need to call the town hall and ask the shefriff of hamburg to right down your lic # and say your parking all day and you wont get a ticket. its free.the rules may have changed . anyone interested? philly hikers? cammo? cammi? scot? ridge rat? common.......

Johnny Thunder
03-12-2007, 19:55
Would be in but I've got a flight to Florida and two tickets to Disney World with my name on 'em. Next time around I will be 100% in, for sure.

Johnny.

Ronin
03-12-2007, 20:40
"You are the Duke of New York! You are A #1!!"

Hangman
03-12-2007, 20:49
Hey mathewski, sounds like fun, i'll be in vermont skiing this weekend and then leave for georgia the next weekend. as far as calling the police dept. its not nessassary unless you are going to leave your car there over night then its a must. was there last weekend great hike easy to get to and lots of parking! have fun.

hammock engineer
03-13-2007, 00:19
There is no way I can make it from Cincy, but someone there better be wearing an eye patch, countdown watch, and have a set time to complete an impossible task in order to recieve an antidote to a poisen given to them. Only to find out later that they were only infected with the common cold.

ProphetGreenBlaze
03-13-2007, 05:21
There is no way I can make it from Cincy, but someone there better be wearing an eye patch, countdown watch, and have a set time to complete an impossible task in order to recieve an antidote to a poisen given to them. Only to find out later that they were only infected with the common cold.

what movie is this???

K0OPG
03-13-2007, 06:55
DUH???

"Escape from New York"?? Kurt Russell, Donald Pleasence, Issac Hayes, Adrienne Bimbo i mean Barbeau??? Doesn't ring any bells? Go to IMDB.com and do a search. great flick. The sequel wasn't bad either "Escape from LA"

Toolshed
03-13-2007, 07:00
Hey, I might be in for it. I am closeby and might be able to do an overnight on Saturday..... Lemmeee tell the boss my plans and grovel for her approval....

mweinstone
03-13-2007, 07:49
yeah toolshed. sounds like your a#1!

theduke

mweinstone
03-13-2007, 08:25
saturday night is fine if anyone wants to stay at windsor furnace shelter and wait for folks sunday morn to hike the pinnicle.only prob for me is i will be forceing my partner,mothers finest into driving alone and hes goin for his first ride to this area.not a biggy as the town is so small and the way so straight and narrow so to say.in any case, im all about takeing the bus friday after work and being there all week end if moms finery approves driving one way alone. i know this area the best of all my trail walkin and i can give a nature walk or show you the history of the blast furnace and go slag collecting! hey ms, know what slag is? also , there are so so many wonderful cool things to do around the resivor area and the pinnicle and even this particular shelter. i have bushwacked this mountain since i was a kid and found cool old crap in the woods like,ridgelines that are bathed in sun and windless areas around trees where deer sleep and you can too. caves and face climbs for the climber and a general lack of uncool folks hiking as this is a difficult section. lots of solitude and rock filled woods and pure water and a few old trailys milling around maintaining , like bmecc. my adotpted club. and we have the port clinton hotel and bar. and cabalas in hamburg a mile away. and we have the pavillion. along the banks of the little susquahanna river in port clinton where you can do alot of fun stuff. if you throw in the facts that dannial boone was born a few miles from here and the rebles hid from the brittish in these hills while philly was occupied and made cannons here, its a spooky cool area. and i am your spooky tour guide if anyone wants.

Mother's Finest
03-13-2007, 14:41
what movie is this???

ahh, a bit too young to have seen that one in the theatre....but you should check it out on DVD.

I will be just fine driving up alone matty.....remember my wife's parents live up that way.

Looking forward to the weekend, sunny skies and a bit chilly

peace
mf

mweinstone
03-13-2007, 15:14
on the top of blue mt theres a rock field thats great to warm in. i call it lizzarding. and on the pinnicle just off to the north there is a spot where the last rays of day shine. and the face of the mountain is a thermal conductor and can stay quite warm thru a cold night after a sunny day. the roof of this shelter is so , that laying down on it upside down reverses the effects of gravity and backpacking. theres a ridge to catch your calves and you can really stretch. a rattelsnake den on top is allways active and you can poke the little ones with a stick if you like. kidding.wild gatherables abound including but not limited to, milkweed, catail, spearmint or wintergreen, peppermint, sassifrass, spruce and birch and wild onions. not to mention all manner of berry in the summer and grapes and more. the surrounding countryside is wide open farmland. and hunters. theres no water on the pinnicle unless theres snow. nearest is mile out from the shelter. im carrying alot and cookin up a storm on top if weather permits.the mountains fold back on themselves three times here. thats why its refered to as the fingers. its really quite fab. its what i call , classic AT. not like classic coke. that was a remake. i mean the mountains around here are the original AT type. their dark and spooky and terribly rough. closed in seldom veiws and nowater make it special and mine.

bfitz
03-13-2007, 16:10
Snake Plisskin! I heard you were dead.

Mother's Finest
03-13-2007, 16:15
Snake Plisskin! I heard you were dead.

CLASSIC !!

mweinstone
03-13-2007, 19:33
my friends call me snake.

mweinstone
03-16-2007, 07:18
loading pack before work in hopes some blazers wanna hit the trail after work or tommorow. otherwise its me and moms finest on sunday morn early. 10 inches of snow forcast for port clinton and hamburg dosnt phase us. only ice will stop this.

Trillium
03-16-2007, 22:29
that sounds like a really great time. but maybe in a little better weather.
I'd love to join you sometime when I'm able to get east.

mweinstone
03-17-2007, 07:10
im thinking of catching a bus today to port and walking to the shelter and waiting for sunday morn to walk into hamburg and retrieve mothers finest.otherwise tommorow morn by car with mom. whats with snow? why is it so overated. just think of it as more stuff on the ground. ignore and keep hiking. theres fun and stress reduction to be had up in yonder hills people. lets get a move on.walk over to the pile of gear and stare at it. smell it. you know what you should be doing? hiking with me and mf.now load up people.

StarLyte
03-17-2007, 07:49
im thinking of catching a bus today to port and walking to the shelter and waiting for sunday morn to walk into hamburg and retrieve mothers finest.otherwise tommorow morn by car with mom. whats with snow? why is it so overated. just think of it as more stuff on the ground. ignore and keep hiking. theres fun and stress reduction to be had up in yonder hills people. lets get a move on.walk over to the pile of gear and stare at it. smell it. you know what you should be doing? hiking with me and mf.now load up people.

Not sure what the weather is exactly in your neighborhood, but Cleveland has cancelled all flights to and from the northeast especially JFK and Newark.

Have fun Matty and MF !!!!! Take pics.

mweinstone
03-17-2007, 10:39
all flights cancelled here last night i dont know about today but i know one thing,......starlytes a sweetie. the crap is melting fast as crap.had two dreams last night with weathercarrot playing minor roles. weird? may call port clinton hotel for a snowcast in a bit. otherwise looks good to walk tommorow. jester? rigerat? hello?

Jester2000
03-17-2007, 11:01
No way in hell am I walking in this crap farther than the Dunkin' Donuts.

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 11:08
"only three more hours, sea people. only three more hours and you can take me away from this crappy god damn planet full of hippies."

Mother's Finest
03-17-2007, 12:50
all I can say is that next weekend the weather is looking ALOT better. next sunday is supposed to be sunny and 55. plenty of warm weather for the snow to melt this week......

attempted public pressure was good, but we will have a much better time on the 25th.

peace
mf

mweinstone
03-17-2007, 17:37
agreed. next sunday.

mweinstone
03-17-2007, 17:59
lonewolfs gone to a far better place.RIP

Toolshed
03-17-2007, 18:06
Just East of Port Clinton and it is Frigging Miserable. Slept out on top of the hill last night that gives me a great view of PC and got close to blown away. Now it is all frozen hard on top - 8 inches and can't even XC Ski in it!!! sucks.

saimyoji
03-17-2007, 18:18
I will be at the trailhead of 309 at 7:50 tomorrow morning. At 8:00 I will start walking; will go to Hawk Mtn. via the Golden Eagle Trail (about 14 mi?). Anyone interested can meet at the trailhead or not. No rides, just walking. Bring crampons (Yaktrax or something) if you have, or be ready to slip and slide.

I'll be the one wearing the speedos, Hawaiian shirt and wool cap. :D

Mother's Finest
03-21-2007, 16:05
I will be at the trailhead of 309 at 7:50 tomorrow morning. At 8:00 I will start walking; will go to Hawk Mtn. via the Golden Eagle Trail (about 14 mi?). Anyone interested can meet at the trailhead or not. No rides, just walking. Bring crampons (Yaktrax or something) if you have, or be ready to slip and slide.

I'll be the one wearing the speedos, Hawaiian shirt and wool cap. :D

Looking good for this Sunday. Weather is going to be kind. should be a great day.

peace
mf

bfitz
03-22-2007, 03:39
And all the fools sailed awaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mweinstone
03-22-2007, 18:57
huston this is matthewski. ..matthewski ..huston.........................huston i have a problem. matthewski ,,, huston.....were standing by to evaluate the problem go ahead.. huston ,,, matthewski.....im leaving on the noonthirty bus to winsor furnace shelter to wait for mothers finest on sunday morning and i feel lonely. matthewski,,, huston... we advise female hiker companionship,..........................huston,,, matthewski........rodger.

IF YOU WANT TO HIKE THE PINNICLE THIS SUNDAY WITH MATTHEWSKI AND MOTHERS FINEST, BE AT THE SHELTER SUNDAY MORN BEFORE 9AM. OR COME ANYTIME AND DO TRAIL WORK WITH MATTHEWSKI. I PLAN ON TRASHPICKING ALL OF RESIVIOR ROAD AND THE LOT AND THE SHELTER ON SATURDAY AND EVEN FRI NIGHT IF LIGHT PERMITS. MATTHEWSKI 215 668 0898.

remember, trashers rule. that is all. end transmission. signal lost.

signal reaquired. .....did i mention im doing trail magic of a raw meat barbaque nature? yup. im packing moleskin. if i meet any blistered hikers, ill carterize and reskin your sters fer free! not.

bfitz
03-22-2007, 19:45
why im so great at nothing but hiking and *******.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honkin'_on_Bobo

mweinstone
03-22-2007, 20:26
you,,,,,,,,big fat funny man now?...............wonderfoot is in franklin. superman is on. by by bober.

bfitz
03-22-2007, 20:44
Few more days, I'll be hikin on bobo come next week.

Trillium
03-22-2007, 22:01
And all the fools sailed awaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come sail away,
Come sail away,
Come sail away with me.

bfitz
03-22-2007, 22:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xgDR59EJPA

bfitz
03-22-2007, 22:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgpLN3J8p-s

mweinstone
03-23-2007, 08:55
leaving on 155pm bus to hamburg this afternoon. come one come all.

Mother's Finest
03-23-2007, 10:19
Yeah,

and my other nickname is Brain.....

directions locked and loaded. ready to roll out at 530 Sunday morning.

peace
mf

plydem
03-23-2007, 13:02
DUH???

"Escape from New York"?? Kurt Russell, Donald Pleasence, Issac Hayes, Adrienne Bimbo i mean Barbeau??? Doesn't ring any bells? Go to IMDB.com and do a search. great flick. The sequel wasn't bad either "Escape from LA"
The dude is 22. He wasn't even born when the movie came out.

bfitz
03-23-2007, 13:05
The dude is 22. He wasn't even born when the movie came out.
Hard to imagine what that must be like.

Mother's Finest
03-23-2007, 13:22
Hard to imagine what that must be like.

that is the truth. We all see life thru our own window.

on another note, weinstone is patiently waiting at the Philadelphia City Bus terminal. a nicer spot could not be found in all of the city.

peace
mf

Joshrm78
03-23-2007, 13:25
Where are u going to meet up at and when?

Mother's Finest
03-23-2007, 13:35
Parking lot at Mountain Rd and Resevoir Road in Hamburg (zip is 19526). Weinstone will be up there this afternoon, and is going to stay tonight and tomorrow night in the nearby shelter.
I am leaving philly around 6 am, plan to be in the lot ready to go around 7-730 on Sunday Morning. we plan to hike up to the pinnacle, hang around and eat, clean up whatever we see and then head home in the afternoon
Joshrm78 you are more than welcome to join us. If you need other directions you can mapquest them simply....
peace
mf

mweinstone
03-25-2007, 17:42
sunny warm perfection. met cool folks and one guy named tomass who was very scary.picked about 4 lbs of litter and cooked food and hung with some coolies.mostly dathiker free but for 6 or so nice ones with dogs to pet.

mweinstone
03-25-2007, 17:53
i got started trashing early. this hard picked pile represents 1 1/2 hrs. after 8 hours i had about 60 lbs. i burnt all the scarwood and stumps and melted the bottles,burned all but the foil and tin, about 3 lbs, and packed the slag out and the still we crushed and left for a vehical pick up. about 20 lbs for the old galvanized still with its antihime california stove burner. about 50 years old i guess.maby prohibition. the shelter register of old? the one that was sorly missed by some kind sole exspecting to treasure it when full? used for you know what and left where they crapped.

mweinstone
03-25-2007, 17:55
heres milwalkes best with double ot buck. and they felt the need to shoot the mustard as well.

Dances with Mice
03-25-2007, 17:58
Way to go! (http://www.dps.mo.gov/DPSPictures/Deployment/images/Families%20give%20Blunt%20Soldiers%20Standing%20Ov ation_jpg.jpg)

mweinstone
03-25-2007, 18:02
jess and her boyfriend lennen were fully an armed camp up on the pinnicle. sierra saw, shin mounted shark sword, large minnesota smith brand bear exstinguisher sholder mounted, and a spade for poop that they were also traind in.

mweinstone
03-25-2007, 18:06
great troops and great leaders. no noise,trash or trouble. just the best behaved mature young adults ive ever seen en mass on trail.told them all the goats hitchiking story and we all discssed squeeky who they knew of.very impressive group.

Mother's Finest
03-26-2007, 11:12
jess and her boyfriend lennen were fully an armed camp up on the pinnicle. sierra saw, shin mounted shark sword, large minnesota smith brand bear exstinguisher sholder mounted, and a spade for poop that they were also traind in.

wrong pic

sword foot correct, but the other one is me......

great day yesterday.

peace
mf

mweinstone
03-28-2007, 07:30
im getting emails from bscouts who have looked us up and joined whiteblaze. seems like we got us a couple o new recruits that think hiking is the dope. good. thats the kind of dope they should legalize. o,, it allready is. join us .............the boyscouts have the largest organized manpower on trail. if they did maintenance it would be lukritive. we could really clean up. lol.