PDA

View Full Version : Think i am getting scr*wed

Chache
03-12-2007, 19:16
Anybody bought anything from these guys? They took my money by way of Paypal. Never got it. I can't get them to respond to me by phone or emai.l http://www.armoredoutdoorgear.com/index.html

Sly
03-12-2007, 19:23
With Paypal you need to file a claim after 7 but BEFORE 28-30 days. If after that, Paypal doesn't refund the money to your Paypal account and you've used a credit card call them.

How long has it been?

Chache
03-12-2007, 19:29
With Paypal you need to file a claim after 7 but BEFORE 28-30 days. If after that, Paypal doesn't refund the money to your Paypal account and you've used a credit card call them.

How long has it been?
I ordered on feb 26 and they say it ships the next day on their site. So its over 2 weeks

Sly
03-12-2007, 19:52
I ordered on feb 26 and they say it ships the next day on their site. So its over 2 weeks

I'd go to your Paypal account and find where you file a claim. Did you pay funded with your paypal balance, bank or with a credit card? It's best to always do with a credit card, if you have one, for extra protection. Problem is there's just a small link for changing the default.

The Weasel
03-12-2007, 19:56
Ask for a tracking number. If it was shipped as a package, whether UPS, FedEd or Parcel Post, it will have one. If they don't provide you with one, that is suggestive that nothing has been sent.

You can also write to the Better Business Bureau in the town/area of their address.

the Weasel

Sly
03-12-2007, 20:04
Ask for a tracking number. If it was shipped as a package, whether UPS, FedEd or Parcel Post, it will have one. If they don't provide you with one, that is suggestive that nothing has been sent.

The company isn't responding to phone or email...

sliderule
03-12-2007, 20:13
Anybody bought anything from these guys? They took my money by way of Paypal. Never got it. I can't get them to respond to me by phone or emai.l http://www.armoredoutdoorgear.com/index.html
It's the middle of March. Their web site still says "Free shipping for the holidays." Not a good sign.

Chache
03-12-2007, 20:36
It's the middle of March. Their web site still says "Free shipping for the holidays." Not a good sign.
I guess that should have been my first clue. I used my Visa card on Paypal

Sly
03-12-2007, 20:50
I used my Visa card on Paypal

Do you have an account with Paypal? If you do, according to the user agreement, you should go through them 1st. If you just paid through Paypal with your credit card, call your CC company.

According to Anywho.com the phone is registered to a couple. It looks like they were doing business out of their home.

Chache
03-12-2007, 20:59
Do you have an account with Paypal? If you do, according to the user agreement, you should go through them 1st. If you just paid through Paypal with your credit card, call your CC company.

According to Anywho.com the phone is registered to a couple. It looks like they were doing business out of their home.
I have an account.

Gray Blazer
03-12-2007, 21:26
Did their home happen to be in *****ia?

Sly
03-12-2007, 23:28
I have an account.

I can't post the link but you should click on the link to the Resolution Center in the Security Center found at the bottom of the Paypal site.

If you don't get taken care of call your CC company

Newb
03-13-2007, 08:23
If you go to Maps.google.com and look up the address of the company it appears to be a small compound NE of Flagstaff.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=7511+Horseshoe+Acres+Flagstaff,+AZ+86004-1127&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.626896,59.238281&layer=&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=16&ll=35.290083,-111.518934&spn=0.00846,0.021501

Outlaw
03-13-2007, 08:34
You could contact the BBB as The Weasel suggested, but I have found most BBB's to be a waste of time.

I would suggest that you contact the Arizona State Attorney General's Office. They have a consumer fraud unit. Here is their link http://www.azag.gov/. Give them as much info as you have on the company, including going to either anywho.com or switchboard.com and obtaining the business owner's names.

As as corporation, they should also be listed with the Arizona Department of State, which oversees registering businesses. The DOS may be able to tell you if the corporation has gone into bankruptcy, out of business, sold to another business, etc.

Good luck. I know just how frustrating this can be. Keep us posted.

ImkerVS
03-13-2007, 09:18
I just sent an e-mail to the company and encouraged them to click on a link to this thread.

I've been happy with the Paypal dispute process, by the way.

eventidecu
03-13-2007, 10:32
I just tried to "e mail" them and voice a concern and suggestion they should resolve this tread topic and got some sort of "rundll" error msg. Could not e mail them on either of their "contact" links. Hmmm 10:30 a m. The sat photo of the biz looks like a house to me too.

Newb
03-13-2007, 15:46
Do we need to form a posse? Isn't that what you do in Arizona? We form a posse and then go riding into town drinking whiskey and such?

That's my plan.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-13-2007, 16:33
I emailed the address and got a notification that they have exceeded their alloted space for storing emails.

Chache
03-13-2007, 16:36
Update. You guys are great with your responses and research. I filed a dispute with Paypal. The company responded and refunded my money to Paypal. Paypal confirms this. The company say it is going to send me my order for free and I should get it by Friday. I will send them full payment when I get it. I don't what to take advantage of a small company as I am one too. I Will let you know when I get it. I really want it for a trip to Havsu falls,AZ. People say the critters will really get in to your stuff.

rswanson
03-13-2007, 16:43
FYI, They have 2 email addy's listed on their webpage: [email protected] ([email protected]), then one on the 'feedback' page: [email protected].

Also, using an odorproof Aloksak will greatly reduce the chances of critters getting into your food. Backpackinglight.com sells them. In some areas of heavy human usage, animals associate the smell of plastic with food, so this isn't foolproof.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-13-2007, 17:07
This has been resolved: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22582