PDA

View Full Version : A year ago today

handlebar
03-14-2007, 20:44
Anyone else have Springer Fever?

It was a year ago today I slackpacked from the Amicalola Falls visitor center to the Lodge where we had reservations.

It really hit me how much I miss the simple routine for the trail, when I saw three hikers from the chair lift at Seven Springs day before yesterday. I stopped to chat them up. They were doing a section of the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail.

Planning a trip to Trail Days followed by several weeks volunteering on ATC traiil crews this summer. Thinking of a hike on the Quehanna Trail, a 75 mile loop in north central PA.

freefall
03-14-2007, 21:25

Yep! Almost quit my job yesterday because of it! If it hadn't been for school, I woulda.

I was crossing the GA-NC line a year ago today.

jambalaya
03-19-2007, 23:39
Oh, it's awful... I'd really much rather be hiking than working. I'd really much rather be in the woods than in the city. But the closer it gets to the anniversary of Amicalola, the worse it gets. Maybe I need to do like you, Handlebar, and start planning a little trip for the springtime. That might help.

little bear
03-20-2007, 00:21
Springer Fever sucks..... sitting here at work looking at WB from my MDT, in my car....... thinking anywhere in the woods would be better than be where I am. But im also sitting here PMing Takoda and Phreak planning are next trip, so I guess I will be in the woods soon enough.

LB

Marta
03-20-2007, 06:46
Yeah, I'm spending the gorgeous spring weekdays in a windowless office...but I just got Yogi's PCT Handbook in the mail yesterday...

Marta/Five-Leaf

Lone Wolf
03-20-2007, 06:53
i'm driving to springer tomorrow

mrc237
03-20-2007, 08:51
Going to DWG on sat to Bear Mtn or so

Tipper
03-20-2007, 14:57

Thinking of a hike on the Quehanna Trail, a 75 mile loop in north central PA.

Same here. Hope this will offset the Springer Fever I'm feeling now.

Gray Blazer
03-20-2007, 15:18
i'm driving to springer tomorrow

Pick me up a tent and a down sleeping bag from beside the trail. I'll trade you a barnwood framed AT pic for whatever. Get me some winter clothing while you're at it. See you at Ron's.

Lemur
03-21-2007, 20:51
yeah, I've got springer fever, and i wasn't even on trail yet a year ago. I've got spring fever too, and can't excape the knowledge that all of the expenses I accrue in city living wouldn't happen on trail. Sure I'd still have to eat- but rent and electric bills? I haven't established my off trail life yet and I'm looking forward ot the next hike. PCT '08 I say.
-laces