PDA

View Full Version : AT dream part 2 - sleeping on TOP of shelters.

Earl Grey
03-16-2007, 04:32
I had a dream last night where I camped on top of a shelter whose roof was parallel to the ground. Could this be done out there for real? Of course rolling off the side could be painful but if that could be taken care of it would be pretty cool I think.

Blue Jay
03-16-2007, 04:43
Sorry the shelter mice do not allow this and would throw your butt off.

Lone Wolf
03-16-2007, 05:28
I had a dream last night where I camped on top of a shelter whose roof was parallel to the ground. Could this be done out there for real? Of course rolling off the side could be painful but if that could be taken care of it would be pretty cool I think.

tri-corner knob shelter in the smokys

Sly
03-16-2007, 05:31
Stay off the shelter roofs, they leak enough.

RockStar
03-16-2007, 13:57
Snakes can get you there, I already thought about it...thats why I would sleep on roofs anyway. *shrugs But Im sure they can get you there since they can climb trees and just jump down. Also Bears...Im trying to armor plate my new hammock to keep them all out. Try that ;)

Tin Man
03-16-2007, 14:36
Don't try this in the fall under a hickory tree.

Midway Sam
03-16-2007, 14:37
Don't try this in the fall under a hickory tree.

Yeah, you'd have to be nuts to try that.

boarstone
03-16-2007, 15:16
Beware of trying this in Northeast section of the AT where there are birch trees around...or anywhere...ants love the sap out of these trees and will drip on you! while they are eating the sap...:eek:

Midway Sam
03-16-2007, 15:22
Beware of trying this in Northeast section of the AT where there are birch trees around...or anywhere...ants love the sap out of these trees and will drip on you! while they are eating the sap...:eek:
Reminds me of: http://www.reelwavs.com/movies/christmas_vacation/sap.wav

mweinstone
03-16-2007, 15:36
burn the shelter, sleep on the warm ashes, wala!,... your sleeping on the roof. and as for worrying about folks on the roof, eh,... why not have a litle fun as were wirling around in space at over 27ooomiles per hour headed to our doom..............?

im speaking if the impending super colision of space trash that will kill us all of course.

mweinstone
03-16-2007, 15:38
i warned you all about trash. since i was little and made up this rhyme,..................trash trash trash
turn it into ash
throw it away
blow it away
but its still trash.