PDA

View Full Version : Cheaha Pinhoti March 22, 23, 24 Anyone interested?

bigbouey
03-16-2007, 08:46
Hello everyone,
My daughter and her dog, myself and a freind will be doing a hike for 3 days on the dates above. We will leave from the Cheaha store to insure safe parking of our vehicles. From there we will go to the Cheaha trailhead and take the Pinhot South and continue to Adams Gap, Skyway and Chinnabee and finally back to the store.
We welcome any company along the way. Our experience is minimal with only 5 or 6 overnight hikes in various places. We plan to arrive at Cheaha midmorning on Thursday and finish on Saturday and having Sunday as our back up day for delays or the desire for just a little more time out. My daughter and I will be coming from Atmore, Al and my friend from Pensacola, Fl.
This is just an open invitation for anyone to join the fun. The great thing about a hiking trip and carrying your own everything is you can break away from a group whenever you want for what ever reason. So you dont have to be stuck with company you do not feel comfortable with. I would love for someone with a daughter 9 to 14 years old to join in. My 11 year old loves to hike but has a hard time finding company. Most of her freinds only like to hike the distance from the TV to the kitchen. A couple of them could handle it and would go but their parents are a little skeptical of letting them go and I can see their reasoning.
We hope to meet someone along the way just to say hello and maybe have another freind or two.

Happy Trails
Ashley,
David
& CoCo the Wonder Dog

MoBill122
03-06-2008, 17:33
I'm starting at Bull's Gap on March 10th, to be at Cheaha Mtn weekend of the 15th... then on to AL/GA line by March 23-24th. Guess that means we'll miss each other out there.

MoBill122
03-06-2008, 17:35
Meant to say, I just moved from Mobile/Saraland to Woodstock, GA about 6 months ago. Spent 25 years down there, miss the coast, but not the hurricanes. LOL

Cuffs
03-06-2008, 18:24
If you are walking from the store and get to the Cheaha trailhead, youve gone too far. You cross the Pinhoti before you get to the trailhead....

It all sounds good, except for the dog part.

Skidsteer
03-06-2008, 18:35
I'm not sure parking at the store is allowed.

There is a parking lot down by the trailhead.

MoBill122
03-06-2008, 19:28
My wife just told me she was coming to Cheaha now.... seems she thinks I'm meeting up with some " Hiker Chick " up there.

Wonder if they have any rooms left at the lodge?

solo29
03-06-2008, 19:59
mobill122 me and my brother will going from pineglen to pinks cabin on 15 thru 18 i know it want take that long we arent in any hurry maybe we will see ya have a great hike solo

The Solemates
03-09-2008, 02:04
we probably will be on the trail this weekend, but not at your location. we've already done it. happy hikin!